2.4 » Taking Care Of A Druken Caspar Lee

Oli's POV

Caspar was wrecked. I had to stop him from drinking any more alcohol. In his state, I thought he was going to fight me for the alcohol. But, he was too messed up to do anything.

If I didn't stop him, he would have hurt himself, me, or Joe. Or anybody for that matter.

Everybody knows his girlfriend Alice is a slut, just using him for his money. Caspar is meant for Joe. I don't know what made him go with this Alice bitch. I intended to find out tonight, but Caspar isn't well enough. I'll try in the morning.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pants. I take it out, and see the caller ID: Joseph Suggy. I answer it immediately.

Me: hello mate

Joe: i- i fell down the stairs. c-can't get u-up. help

Me: be right there

I tell Caspar I'm leaving, and he's too drunk to come up with a coherent response. Idiot.

I rush out of my apartment. I dial 999, the United Kingdom's emergency number. I tell them my friend has fallen down the steps, and give them Joe's address.

I am running through the dark streets of London. I am terrified for my safety, but I am also terrified for Joe's safety. Caspar is wrecked and dating a slut, Joe is deeply in love with Caspar. I am running in the dark in a sketchy part of London. We all could die any second. Joe could die of blood loss, I could get stabbed, Caspar could die of Alcohol poisoning.

When I reach the Jaspar household, there is an ambulance parked outside and a few police cars scattered around. I run inside. I need to know how Joe is doing. I'm so freaking worried.

"Where's Joe?" I yell to a random police officer, tears flowing out of my eyes. He turns around and looks at me. He takes a large step right, and I see a lifeless body. Blood is flowing out of his head, and Joe doesn't look like himself. His face is violently bare.

"Joe!" I scream and try to run over to him, but I feel someone hold me back. I turn around and see Zoe. I practically jump into her arms and cry. I cry because I know that Joe is heartbroken and there is nothing I can do about it. I cry because Caspar is wasting away. I cry because nothing good seems to be happening in my life right now. I cry because I haven't seen Joe and I don't know if he's okay. I cry because I haven't cried in a while and I need a good cry.

"It's gonna be okay, Oli," Zoe says, stroking my hair. I let the tears flow, and I have no intention to stop them.

"Zoe, I can't do this. I can't lose Joe. I'm already losing Caspar, I can't lose Joe," I say in a non-coherent voice. Zoe keeps shushing me, and trying to calm me down. I don't understand why she isn't freaking out.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" I ask, inbetween sobs and breaths of air. I keep taking in air, but I still feel like I can't breathe.

"One of us has to be strong for the other," she says quiet. My heart beat starts slowing down, air is passing through my body and I feel like I can breathe. My voice isn't shaky and non-coherent anymore.

"He's not dead, they're taking him to the hospital. He's going to be okay. Go home, and get some rest. It'll help, I promise," Zoe says to me. I lift my head off her body, and smile at her. I tell Zoe goodbye, and start walking back to my apartment.

It was a slow walk. It felt like time has just stopped. He could be dead for all I know. He could be dying. I might never be able to say goodbye to him.

I just keep thinking negative thoughts and kicking little pebbles all the way to my house.

Once I see my apartment, my pace gets a little bit faster. My mind isn't on Joe anymore, it's on my safety. It's very common to get robbed at night, and that's scaring me. I'm all alone in the middle of the night. Nobody will hear me scream.

As I keep thinking, my fast walking pace turns into a fast jogging pace. I don't stop running until I am inside my flat.

I take a breath, and slide down the door once I'm inside. I see Caspar standing up with his phone in his hand. I sigh before addressing him.

"Look Casp, it's been a long day. I say we both sleep it off and we can talk in the morning. Deal?" I say, walking towards him. He holds his hand out in front of me. I make eye contact with him, and I realize that he's crying. Shit.

"Where is he?" he says angrily, not letting me get to my room. I try to slip through the door jam, but Caspar won't let me. He blocks the way, and I presume he will until I tell him what he wants to hear.

"Casp..." I start but he cuts me off. There's no easy way I can tell him. And chances are, he won't even remember anything I say tonight.

"Where is he!?" he says louder, with more sadness in his voice than anger. "Where is Joe?"

"He's at the hospital," I say. There is no point in lying. Zoe must've called him and told him everything.

"Is he dead?" he asks me, his voice breaking. His face is showing mixed emotions. He looks angry, but behind that he looks like he's in pain. What I would do to get him out of this pain.

"Caspar..." I say, trying to calm him down. Caspar gets quite violent when he's drunk. I don't want to end up in the hospital too, or me.

"I asked is he dead?!" Caspar says, almost shouting at me. Tears start spilling out of his eyes, but he wipes them away. He doesn't want to show humanity. He wants to be a tough guy. But the thing is, nobody can be Mr. Tough Guy all the time. He's reaching his breaking point, and sooner or later he's going to lash out. But I intend to stay by his side through it all.

"I don't know," I say, and that's the truth. I try to walk closer to Caspar, and he starts flailing his arms everywhere.

"No, no!" he says, his voice raspy. He shoves me away, tears rolling down his cheek. I try to put my arm on his shoulder, but he smacks it away.

He pushes me away, and walks towards the couch. He sits down on it, and looks up at me. I stare into his eyes, still trying to pinpoint why he's with Alice.

"You're right. Let's talk in the morning," he says calmly, laying down on the couch. I don't push it. I say goodnight, and head to my room.

heyyooo. 11k reads I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH XX! idk if i'll update soon or not cus idk where this story is going but u guy seem to love it!