0.7 » Joe's Nightmare

Joe's POV

Caspy looks so cute when he's sleeping. He tosses and turns and it's adorable. Occasionally, he'll mumble something that's inaudible. I wonder what he's dreaming about. I wonder if he dreams about me. I mean that in the least weird way possible.

I see Zoe crawl over the seat that's separating me and her. She must want to talk to me about something. She almost hits Caspar when she is crawling next to me. I let out a small gasp and then I cringe.

"Zoe! Caspy is sleeping. Don't wake him up!" I whisper harshly and glare at her in the worst way possible. She mouths sorry. I feel like I was a little harsh. But she knows how much I love Caspy.

"How's project Jaspar going?" she asks me innocently. She even bats her eyelashes. I roll my eyes. Zoe has a knack at asking a really nosey question in an innocent way. I feel bad for Alfie when Zoe wants to know something. That poor guy.

"'Project Jaspar' isn't a thing. It probably won't be a thing, unless you know something I don't. But we did get to kiss!" I say, a little more excited then I meant. I look down at Caspar. He's sleeping like an angel. I try to resist the urge, but I start playing with his hair.

"You guys would be totally adorable together," Zoe says. I can't help but smile. Who wouldn't smile? My smile fades when I ask the question that's been eating at me ever since she said it.

"Why'd you tell me not to confess to Caspar on this trip?" Zoe looks at her hands, which are laced together and placed on her lap. I've never seen her so nervous. I don't regret asking her this question, though. I want to know. I have to know. I need to know.

"I-I can't tell you, Joe," Zoe says and crawls back over to Alfie. Now I wished I never asked her. What does she mean she can't tell me? I told her the biggest secret of my life. She's the only one that knows.

I continue playing with Caspy's hair until his eyes flutter open. His eyes are so gorgeous. I love people with blue eyes. They look amazing on him. It suits his blonde hair.

"Is there still traffic?" Caspy asks me weakly. He hasn't lifted his head off of my lap yet. I'm not complaining or anything.

"Yeah, mate. It's been two hours. It's now 3pm. We haven't even gotten that far out of London when we hit traffic. We still have about eight hours left on the road," I explain to Caspy. He groans, then sits up. I let out an inaudible groan when Caspar sits up.

"What have you been doing when I was sleeping?" Caspy asks me. I think for a second before responding. He probably knows the answer.

"Playing with your hair. Talking to Zoella973210," I reply. He snickers when I say 'Zoella973210'. I knew he would. We both find that "old" joke hilarious.

"Am I on your snapchat story?" he asks me, opening up his snapchat. I smirk.

"Look and find out." I smile at my mysteries. Caspar scoffs and clicks on my name.

"'Caspy is very sleepy. Just this once, I'm not going to prank him. Love you Caspy'." I hear my voice play out of his phone. My voice sounds terrible. I hate the way I sound. When Caspar looks up at me, he smiles. I smile back. His smile turns into a smirk.

"Are you sure you didn't prank me? I didn't think that was possible," Casp says and smiles. I scoff.

"I liked you better when you were sleeping," I say jokingly. He puts a hand over his heart.

"I'm offended," he says. Me and Caspar used to not tease each other this much. I don't know what happened, but I like it.

"Are you awake for good?" I ask Caspar. He nods. I clap and smile.