~Stay with me~ Part 2

Start from the beginning

Reynaud was going to die........

Jerking her gaze to his as he inched closer, she witnessed raw fury storming there. His nostrils flared and he had a tic in his jaw. However when he spoke his tone was eerily calm. And it worried her.

Nervously she licked her lips.

"Did you....," he stopped tightening his eyes shut he took several deep breaths willing his anger to settle.

"Did you sleep with him, Eva," he looked at the shock in her gaze.

His fingers loosened and watched her stand holding the sheets to her breasts.
"How can you think that!" she asked. Hurt evident in her tone.

"You're not giving me a reason to doubt otherwise Eva," he stood abrubtly towering over her.

"I've done nothing," she whispered her eyes twinkled with unshed tears at his accusing glare.

He shook his head forcing the urge to scream.
He watched her turn to get dress before he turned around giving his back to her while angrily putting on his breeches.
Frustration grew within him at the fact that she was not telling him anything.

He turned in time to watch her wrap her sash around her waist. Her head lowered she did not see him reach for it and slowly pull it away and stepped close to her.

"Im giving you one last chance Eva, or I will lock you in here and seek him out myself," His words were edged with steel and he meant each one of them.

Her expression alone told him he hit something. But what?

Her eyes raised to his and there was a look he had long ago seen that brought back a torrent of memories from when she first came into his life. A silent plea mixed with panic and desperation. It tugged at him. Squeezed his heart tight.
"Please...trust me....," she begged raising her fingers to caress his bare chest.

"And did you trust me Eva," he gritted his teeth wrapping his finger around her arm forcing her to look at him.

Red rimmed eyes bore into hers. "Did you trust me enough to stay? No...you ran off with Reynaud and have done God knows..." his heated words were cut short as she slapped him hard across the cheek.

He did not flinch. But, his expression changed as he looked into her eyes that were filled with pain from his accusations of doing immoral things with Reynaud.

"Forgive me....I..." he paused. His voice swirled around the lump forming in his throat and the tears welling up in his eyes threatening to fall.

She did not speak as she trembled and shakily pulled her sash from his fingers and finished dressing then walked over to the door.

All the while he stood immobile until she reached her finger for the door knob. Then he was there, he placed his hand on the door to block her from opening it. For that one silent moment of agonizing despair he held the door closed and stood behind her.

"Eva, don't leave. Please." He begged in a whisper. Not leaving any room to escape. He encircled her with his right arm pulling her close, he pressed his body to her back burrying his face in her hair.

She wanted so much for all of this to end. She wanted Reynaud out of her life forever. He will not leave them alone unless he has her money and thats what she will give him.
Every last bit of it to make him leave.