~Stay with me~ Part 2

Start from the beginning

Adrian stirred then slowly awoke from the most sated slumber. He remained still as he felt the warmth of Evas body flushed against his chest.His eyes flew open. He remembered sampling the delicacy of her body. He hardened at the memory.

He nuzzled closer to her and gently leaned over her and saw that she was already awake. Her eyes slowly opened and closed as she stared off into the distance.

"Good morning," he whispered.

But she did not answer.
He frowned and turned her to face him. With concern in his gaze he looked down at her.

"Eva?"
After two blinks, it took a second before recognition seemed to penetrate the haze surrounding her eyes.

Cold fingers raised up to caress his cheek. Moved by her affectionate gesture, as he so often was, he settled beside her. Lying on his side, facing her, he noticed how pale she was with deep,dark circles under her eyes.

She turned her head enough to feel him smooth a stray lock of her hair away from her cheek.

"You have not slept have you?" he asked gazing into her tired eyes.

She lowered them and shook her head.

A long silence followed as he continued to look down at her.

"Talk to me Eva. What is wrong? Is it the baby" he asked scrapping his concerned gaze over her stomach.

She shook her head.

"Then what is it? Please Eva tell me," he implored.

"I must go back," she whispered.

Incredulously he watched as she tried to pull away.

Shaking his head he held her in place.
"No...your not leaving,"

"Please, Adrian. If I am not back he...," she trailed off and still struggled against him to sit up.

"He will what Eva? Harm you?," he gritted his teeth searching her gaze for the answers.

She shook head vehemently as tears began to fall. She finally sat up but he detained her wrist and held her in place.
Their eyes met and she could feel the heat of his anger eminating from his body as his eyes bore into hers. His fingers tightened around her wrist more as she tried to climb off the bed.

"Don't you dare run from me," he clenched between his teeth as his eyes reddend with tears.

"I have to leave Adrian...Please..." she panicked with a sob.

The thought of Reynauds threats played over and over in her mind. She could not live with herself if he harmed Sabine. She had to go through with her plan no matter the cost.

Raw fury swirled in his gaze followed by a heart stopping silence.

"Please let me do this. He will not harm me." she whispered.

"Do what? What must you do?" he hissed tightening his hold on her wrist.

He inched closer.
All sorts of sordid thoughts began to swim in his mind at that moment. It was no secret that Reynaud wanted her and that he would stop at nothing to have her.
So was this what he wanted? Her in his bed?
Was she going to....?
Did she?