2

Chapter two: Slug club

What are you going to wear to Slug club?" Lois asked excitedly and plopped down onto Hermione's bed.

Hermione rolled her eyes at the energetic girl. She reminded her a lot like Ginny, always keeping up with the latest fashions and such. Hermione was never the one to care about her looks and she'll continue that way for as long as she'll live.

"My regular robes of course, what else would I wear to the meeting." She replied.

"That's boring, if you want to impress Tom then your going to have to try harder then that."

"Why would I want to impress Riddle he's a git!" Hermione exclaimed.

She didn't understand how all the female students at Hogwarts thought him so charming and handsome. She knew the real him, the monster he truly is, he is Lord Voldemort after all.

"He's never rude to anyone else. He's absolutely polite and charming towards me, he's never glared." Lois said looking rather proud about it.

"Lucky you." Hermione replied dryly. She couldn't believe that out of all the students he had to take some kind of annoying interest in her.

Maybe he suspects your not from this time? That's impossible though I've haven't done anything to expose myself.

"Come on, let's get to the club." Hermione said at last before pulling Lois up from her bed and out of the room.

•••

Hermione and Lois entered the dungeons quickly and quietly, to much of Hermione's dismay Slughorn looked towards the door upon their arrival.

"Ah! Miss Granger, Miss Flint so glad you made it. Come in and make yourself comfortable!" Slughorn boomed.

Luckily for Lois one of her Ravenclaw friends saved a sit for her, but unfortunately for Hermione the only free seat was between Maxis Lestrange and a brunette Ravenclaw girl. Philip and Harold looked over at her giving her apologetic looks, she smiled at them and nodded.

"You can sit here," Lestrange said politely pointing to the empty chair.

Thank you," Hermione said softly as she took the seat. To her distaste she noticed Riddle was seated right across from her, she avoided eye contact at all cost.

It wasn't long before Slughorn clapped his hands happily, his round stomach bouncing at the motion. "Perfect it seems everyone is present!" He scanned the table. "Now who's hungry!?"

Hermione watched as Slughorn called forward Riddle, Malfoy and Lois. He handed each of them a box of assorted chocolates and she smiled remembering that Slughorn had always had a soft spot for chocolate. Hermione grimaced when Riddle started her way.

"Chocolate?" He offered in a bored tone as he came around to Hermione.

She shook her head "No thank you." Even though they looked delicious to her, she refused to take any from him.

He scowled at her before moving on. "Here try the caramel truffle its superb." Maxis Lestrange whispered as he stood before her. "It's one of the best out of all of them." He sat down beside her, smiled and unwrapped it and handed the morsel to Hermione.