White Dresses - II

Hello...

I'm still alive. I am sorry that I haven't updated this series in a LONG time. Life is hard. I present this offering as an extension of my apology. I hope you guys enjoy. I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for all the amazing support this fic has received. Thanks and please let me know what you think!

P.s. I absolutely adore this song. I think it represents Mr. Ambrose and Lilly really well.

Characters don't belong to me. They are the creation of the amazing RobThier

~~~*****~~~

His breath was caught in his throat, as he saw a glint in her eyes.

Rikkard simply couldn't help it, as his mind flooded with images and memories of that one night.

He was quick to remind himself that they were in public. There were hundreds of eyes watching them, judging their interactions with scepticism and sharp looks as he continued to lead her through the steps, absentmindedly.

She seemed to glow in the candlelight, standing out from everyone else, as she stared up at him with those deep, dark eyes. There was no point in denying it to himself that he, indeed, was quite drawn to her. Something about her, he couldn't seem to define it...she captivated him unlike anyone he has ever known.

For a brief moment, he was tempted. They were so close. What would it feel like if he leaned a little closer? To brush his lips with her's?

An eternal battle waged war in his head. It pounded away at his conscience and made his head whirl. A voice in his head screamed at him to pull away and distance himself, while another whispered from a distant corner drove him forward to close the gap. He was almost certain he could drown in the dark depths of her eyes if he didn't look away. And he didn't want to look away.

Suddenly the doors to the ballroom swung up loudly, superfluously announcing the entrance of another guest.

Rikkard's heart leapt to his throat, as he was jarred from the hypnotic lure of her eyes. All of his senses came rushing back to him, causing a pang of pain to spread across his forehead. Quickly blinking himself out of the trance, he quickly shifted his gaze from her dark orbs across the room. The partygoers chattered away at the impromptu entrance; the gossip spreading like wild fire.

Rikkard swept her around the dance floor to try and pinpoint the origin of the commotion. Out of the crowd he spotted demure man strut through the doors with his head held high.

He was sure his heart must have stalled a beat in his chest and he almost choked on his quick inhalation of air. The dense fog in his mind dispersed and his nerves were alert and ready for action. His mind snapped to attention sifting through the crowd to make out what was going on. That had to be their target! There was no other possibility. Now, the only thing that was left was to grab him and take him in for interrogation.

As Rikkard continued to watch the door, he felt her tense in his arms. He briefly glanced down at her only to find her eyes focused on the door like everyone else. There, marching in through the door at the man's side came forth a slender woman in a pale blue dress. A thousand questions flew through his head. Would his arch-nemesis factor a woman in his plans? Did she know anything? Was this woman important to the success of his endeavour?

"Patsy?"

He lurched out of his thoughts and gave her a sharp look. Squinting over the crowd, she wore a troubled mask as a frown tugged at her lips.

"What?" he hissed, trying to keep his countenance placid.

Her eyes flicked back to him.

"Patsy. She is one of my best friends, but what is she doing here so late?" her voice drifted off as her eyes flickered between him and woman across the room. Her eyebrows furrowed in thought, as she began putting the pieces together.