Chapter 9: Recover

Theodore was still sitting in Dave's car. When he saw the ambulance pull out, his stomach turned and he began to cry. He climbed out of the car and ran in the house. "Miss Miller!" he cried as he ran in the kitchen where Miss Miller was still cleaning up Simon, "Is Alvin okay?!" "Calm down, dear," Miss Miller said, "Alvin's fine, David's just riding in the ambulance with him to the hospital." Theodore sighed with relief. "Are you okay, Simon?" he asked. Simon nodded, he wasn't really crying anymore but he was still trying to get it together. When Miss Miller finally got his nose and lip to stop bleeding, she lifted him off the counter and set him on the ground, then gave him an icepack for his eye. "Thank you," he said trying to smile at her. In the ambulance, on the way to the hospital, Dave was stroking Alvin's forehead and face gently. He and one of the nurses observed his bruises while the other nurse held a wet rag over the gash on Alvin's head. "I just can't believe he didn't say anything to me about this," Dave said, still stroking Alvin's head. Alvin came back to consciousness again. He looked a little frightened at first. Dave could see it in his eyes. "It's okay, Alvin," he said comfortingly, "I'm here, we're just going to the hospital." Alvin seemed more relieved to hear the sound of Dave's voice. "D-Dave," he said softly, "M-My head h-hurts." "I know," Dave said softly, "It's okay, you just hit your head." "H-how?" Alvin asked softly. "W-well," Dave began hesitantly, "We'll talk about that later, okay?" "Okay," Alvin replied softly. "Mr. Seville," one of the nurses said, "As you can see, Alvin seems to be fine, he just needs stitches, and we'll have to do a few x-rays." "Okay," Dave said hoping that things would continue to turn out well.

When they arrived at the hospital, the nurse put a patch on Alvin's gash to numb it. Dave talked to Alvin while they waited for his head to numb. "So are you enjoying your summer, Alvin?" Dave asked trying to avoid talking about Brenda or the accident. "Yeah," Alvin answered. "So where do you wanna go on our vacation this year?" Dave asked. Alvin thought for a second. "The Outer Banks!" he said with a smile, a real one, not a forced one. Dave loved to finally see him smile with a true smile again. He giggled a little. "We could probably do that this year," Dave said. The nurse walked in a few minutes later. Dave helped Alvin sit up and held his hand as the nurse stitched up the back of Alvin's head. He didn't feel a thing. "Okay," the nurse said, "Why don't we go take him to do a few x-rays?" Dave helped Alvin get off the doctor's table. They knew immediately his neck, back, and legs were fine because he was walking and holding his head up the way he should. "Okay," the nurse said after the x-ray, "He appears to have one fractured rib, and a broken wrist." Dave was very relieved to hear that's all that was wrong, he was afraid it would be much worse. "Okay," Dave said. They went back to the room where Alvin got his stitches and the nurse gently put a cast on Alvin's wrist. Miss Miller, Simon, and Theodore were waiting in the waiting room, hoping Alvin was okay. Then Alvin and Dave walked into the waiting room. They were so happy to see Alvin okay. They all hugged each other. "Thanks guys," Alvin said to his brothers who got help for him when he was hurt.
"No problem, Alvin," Simon said. "Fellas," Dave finally said, "If this was happening the whole time, why didn't you tell me about it?" "W-well," Simon began, "We didn't want you to be lonely and we knew you would never stay with Brenda if you knew about any of this." "Oh," Dave said pulling them into a hug, "you know you boys always come first in my life. A few days later, the boys were about to perform in Chicago. They were gonna dedicate a song to Brenda. "Okay," Alvin said when he came up to the microphone, "This next song is dedicated to our father's ex-girlfriend!"

"Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darling, you give love a bad name

An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me Heaven then put me through Hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison you can't break free
Oh... You're a loaded gun ... yeah
Oh... there's nowhere to run
No one can save me, the damage is done

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name (bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)
and you give love a bad name

You paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips
A school boy's dream, you act so shy
Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye
Oh... you're a loaded gun
No - there's nowhere to run
No one can save me, the damage is done

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name (bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)
You give love...

Ohhh...
Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name (bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)
You give love...

You give love... (bad name)
You give love...
You give love... (bad name)
You give love...
You give love...
You give love... (bad name)
You give love...
You give love... (bad name)
You give love...

Y

es! Finally done! And obviously I don't own this song it belongs to Bon Jovi. Thanks for reading and its okay to let go of your britches now! Lol