Chapter 6: The Final Battle

Shibō brow furrowed. The empty eye sockets glared ominously. Ichigo remained unfazed by Shibō's enormous reiatsu.

   "Do you want to know what is happening to the little Shinigami?" Shibō asked," I used one of my worst attacks. It puts its victim in a sleep similar to death. It is impossible to wake her, so she will sleep endlessly and eventually turn to dust." Shibō beamed with triumph. Ichigo's eyes widened. Endless sleep? Who could possess such a power? he thought.

   "Why didn't the attack put me to sleep as well," Ichigo shouted," You punctured her leg with you wing, just like me." Shibō shook his head.

   "The right wing causes nightmares, the left wing puts the victim in an endless sleep," Shibō explained. Ichigo was still confused.

   "Why did Rukia have nightmares as well?" Ichigo asked. Shibō's grin stretched even further than before.

   "Because," he said in a low voice," It was to give her a glimpse at what she is going to experience for the rest of her life!" Shibō cackled. Rage began to explode within Ichigo's chest. He raised Zangetsu over his head and rushed the Hollow. With an unyielding shout, he launched himself at Shibō.

   Instead of slicing downward, Ichigo waited for Shibō to perform a counterattack. Just as planned, the Hollow swung his massive right paw at Ichigo. Using shunpo, he reappeared on the right side of the Hollow which remained unguarded. I have you now! Ichigo sliced downward at Shibō's shoulder.

   Shibō, in one fluent motion, sidestepped and batted Ichigo out of the air. Ichigo crashed head first into the schoolyard. Ichigo tumbled in the dirt from the momentum, but eventually came to a stop. He coughed and his blood stained the ground. Slowly, he got back on his feet.

   "You think that is going to stop me?" Ichigo said as he wiped the blood from his mouth. "Bankai," he yelled. Ichigo readied Tenza Zangetsu. Shibō swung his tail at Ichigo, but Ichigo quickly dodged the attack.

   "Is that all you've got?" Ichigo said as he raised his free hand. He made a claw over his face and summoned his Hollow mask. Ichigo's golden eyes flashed with ferocity. The red and white Hollow mask that concealed his face gleamed. Shibō smiled.

   "Don't hold back, Kurosaki," Shibō reminded Ichigo. Trust me, Ichigo thought, I won't. I have too much to lose. Shibō struck at Ichigo using both paws. Ichigo used shunpo and reappeared directly in front of the Hollow's chest. He landed a quick blow across Shibō's middle section.

   "I'm sorry," Shibō said as he looked at the blood welling up inside of the cut. "I guess now that I know you are going all out, I should do the same!" he shouted. Flames flickered between Shibō's fangs. Ichigo was overcome by the amount of spiritual pressure Shibō was releasing.

   "Jigoku no Hi!" Shibō screamed. Flames danced along his spines and claws. Ichigo shielded his eyes from the immense heat. "This is my true form, Kurosaki! Come on, boy, fight me," Shibō said. Ichigo let his arm drop to his side.

   "Bring it on, Shibō," Ichigo said confidently. He bolted toward the Hollow and struck out at his right foreleg. Shibō tried to dodge, but was too slow. Tenza Zangetsu made a long gash across Shibō's leg. The blood inside of the wound boiled from the heat of the flames that raced across the Hollow's scaly skin.

   Ichigo yelped in pain as the flames burnt his skin. He quickly retreated farther from Shibō. He has an amazing defense on his behalf. Shibo began to form a Cero within his gaping maw. The flaming ball of energy grew until, finally, Shibō fired it. The Cero raced towards Ichigo's chest.

   Ichigo raised Tenza Zangetsu to block the attack. The Cero collided with his sword and Ichigo began to overpower it. The searing heat scorched his hands and the ends of his robe. After a few seconds, the heat became unbearable, and the Cero knocked his sword aside. The ball of energy collided with Ichigo's chest.