SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER 17
CONTROL

"WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH YOUR HEAD?"

Kylo's eyes casted downward to the floor as he listened to his supreme leader's harsh words. He stood in front of the old hologram, holding his helmet tightly between his hands, which he had no time to wash before Snoke ordered to see him. He stared at his digits as the supreme leader continued with his rant, staring at the blood crusted underneath his nails in pure agony.

He wondered about Raena's state of health immensely.

"YOU COULD'VE COMPROMISED OUR ENTIRE MISSION!" Snoke hollered, leaning forward in his stone chair. "Are you even listening?"

The commander nodded, "Of course."

"Then, please," Snoke gestured to him, "explain to me your reasoning for completely disregarding our plan to save Officer Nhagy."

Kylo shrugged his shoulders, lifting his orbs finally. "When she was wounded, my instinct told myself that the First Order couldn't lose her. I was concerned more for the team, than the death of just a Resistance leader on a junkyard base – whom of which was still killed. The mission was successful."

"It could've gone wrong so easily, too."

Another shrug of his shoulders.

Snoke let out a gruff sound. "I don't want anymore slow answers, Ren." He ordered. "I now know what's going on: you're starting to care, aren't you?"

"I'm not –"

"DON'T LIE!"

Kylo sighed with a shake of his head, giving up the fight. "It's all coming back. I don't know how to stop it." He wasn't lying, but he also wasn't telling the whole truth.

"Perhaps to continue your training and help you with your case, you must be tested. Killing Han Solo was only the first step. Your problem will be solved – am I sure of this – if you plan the death of another important member of the Resistance."

The commander raised a brow, various names of Resistance members flooding his brain. "Who?"

"Your mother."

•••

The medics told her that they needed to test her blood content before she was able to leave.

Raena sighed as her blood was taken by an unknown nurse, who soon walked out of the room to test the sample. She had woken from her deep slumber earlier than expected, thanks to the help of the medics on board. Her side hurt immensely, and she noticed the shot was just shy of the one she received two years ago from the old scavenger girl's friend after the death of Han Solo.