Back Home

3rd person

"Thank you for the hospitality Lord Elrond." Legolas said as he nudged Dineneth a little. "Thank you very much my Lord." Dineneth said. "You are welcome here anytime my friends. I wish you a safe trip home." Lord Eleond wished them a goodby as Legolas and Dineneth waved their final good-by's and were off.

Along the way Legolas started a conversation with Dineneth. "Did you like it?"

"Yes very much so."

"Very different isnt it?"

"Very."

"How was Lord Elrond and Arewn?"

"I like them both. Arwen said she could teach me some stuff."

"Are you comfortable there?"

"Yes. Lord Elrond seems like a nice elf and Arewn is very kind."

"They both are."

"Why don't you talk more to them. I'm sure they would love to know you more." Legolas asked.

"I don't think it was my place. I don't know how to put up a conversation with a lord with so much power."

"Sorry that might come from your grandfather."

Dineneth chuckled. As they rode along Dineneth thought she heard something and rested her hand on her dagger. More alert now
She started looking around. Legolas and most of the guards were in front of her. Looking around she saw a rock form moving along. Still being young her ears were more sensitive to sound and she started to hear growling.

At the last minute she shouted "ORCS!" Just when an orc came out ready to stab a guard. With everyone alert they started fighting them off. "Dineneth get over here by me now!" Legolas shouted.

Dineneth fought her way over there trying to get to her ada. But being smaller then most of the orcs it was harder for her to kill them not exactly being able to slice open their throats.

While fighting Legolas was frantically searching for Dineneth trying to find her in all this chaos.

Both were holding off, until Dineneth was thrown to the ground. "Ada!!!" Dineneth screamed as the orc was about to step on her. Legolas finally heard her and came to quickly scoop her up killing the orc in the process.

Pulling her aside he asked "are you alright?" "I'm fine ada." Dineneth replied.

"My lord we must go. There might be more following." A guard said. Legolas nodded and everyone got back on their horses. "Dineneth. You are riding with me." Legolas said. Dineneth knew there was no use in complaining or arguing so she got on Legolas horse in front of him.

"Did you know there were orcs around before they attacked?" Legolas whispered. "Mmhmm" Dineneth responded. "Why didn't you warn us before?" "I wasn't sure ada." Legolas sighed. "Just tell us Dineneth. If you would have said something we would've been more alert and aware. It's for our safety, there could've been someone killed." Legolas scolded. "Im sorry ada." Dineneth whispered and kept quiet with her head down.

"We will not rest tonight. Keep going until we are in Mirkwood." Legolas said as they continued their long journey back home.