Chapter 4

"So it's been a week since I last saw you", Ava said while taking her sit across from me, "How have you been?", it was a simple question but a question I couldn't answer. "I see you have a few cuts and bruises, what happened?", she asked after not getting an answer from me. I shifted in my sit before looking over to the newest plant in her collection a small pinked leaved thing. "I fell down the stairs the day after I seen you", I said, it was the lie Noah had used and I was going to stick to it. "Oh dear, I hope you are okay now?", she asked leaning forward acting like she cared for my well fair.

"Quinn, may I call you Quinn?", Ava asked, I nodded my head, "Right, so Quinn, you have been here for over half an hour, we have twenty five minutes left and you have yet to still answer any questions I ask, why is that?". I shrugged my shoulders, I wasn't in the mood to talk about my feelings, or talk about how my life had turned to shit in the week since I saw her. "Okay, well your mother told me when she dropped you Noah has come home for the holidays, are you happy about that?", I didn't reply, I didn't even move my head to nod or shake. "Are you okay?", Ava asked her tone worried, I touched my hand to my face and felt wetness it was than I realised I was crying. "Why are you crying?", I shook my head muttering under my breath, "It's all my fault" over and over again, before I realised it Ava was kneeled in front of me holding my hands. "What's your fault?", she asked, I pulled my hands roughly from her grip quickly moving away from her gripping my hair in my hands, my tears were no where near stopping, I paced her office, I knew she was watching me with concern but it was eating me up. "Quinn calm down, what is your fault", I stopped turning to face her, "He said it was my fault, I caused it, I made it happen", I knew I needed to tell her more but would she think it was my fault too?. "Does this have something to do with Noah?", Ava asked standing in front of me pulling my hands from my hair and holding them tightly. Looking up at her through blurred eyes I nodded my head.

"Take your time", Ava said kneeling in front of me since she managed to get me to sit down. "I was fourteen, almost fifteen", it felt so difficult to speak the words which she wanted to hear. "It happened after school one day, I got home and we was alone, after having a shower and heading to my room I saw him standing in the hallway", "You saw Noah?", she asked holding tightly to my hands brushing her thumbs smoothly over my hands trying to calm me down. I nodded my head, "He pushed me against the wall before kissing me, it was my first kiss, I was so angry, I didn't know what he was doing, but than he kissed me again, I pushed him away, but he didn't like that, he pulled me into his room and then he - he - he had sex with me, he said it was my fault, that I teased him, that I was his and only his", I cried out. Ava sshhed me before speaking to me. "Quinn I need to report this", I shook my head, "No, no you can't, please, I just needed to tell someone", she held my face in her hands before speaking again. "No, what he did to you was not your fault, he raped you, he needs to be punished, was that the only time?". I shook my head fresh tears rolling down my cheeks, "How many times?", I shrugged my shoulders, I had lost count of the times he had sex with me, every time he came home he would sleep with me, three, four times whilst home, it had been going on for a year and two months, he had been home seven times for holidays and a few random weekends since starting college. "Quinn, I'm sorry but I need to report this, he needs to be punished, is this why you self harm?". My voice seemed to be lost, so again I just nodded my head. With a sigh and nod of her head she stood up and stepped out of her office.

Ten minutes later she returned along with a very upset tear stained face mom. "Quinn, I explained everything to your mother and I have called the police, but I'm afraid you with have to give a statement", I shook my head standing up from the sit. "No, I won't", my mom rushed to me pulling me into a tight hug, "Why didn't you say something?", "I was scared, you are happy", I said, it was true, only half of the reason I didn't say anything was because I was so scared but the other half was because my mom was finally happy after losing my dad, why should I destroy something which made her happy. "Baby, I love you and you always come first no matter what, I really wish you would of told me". I nodded my head and cried on my mom's shoulder until a knock came and two big police officers walked in and I was asked to tell them everything I had told Ava.