Chapter Two

I could hear loud banging which pulled me out of my sleep, I was sat against my bedroom door which moved from the pounding which was against it. "Quinn!", the sound of my mom's voice came through the door, panic could be heard in it. Quickly looking down I saw the blade beside my now soaked through jeans, my wrist resting on my thigh. "Damn", I must of passed out, I thought to myself before quickly standing up on shaky legs. "One second", I called out to her as she continued to pound on my door. What am I going to do? If she sees my wrist and the blood she will know I cut again, she will know I hid a blade from her. Quickly rushing to my chest of drawers I grabbed a pair of shorts before removing my jeans and slipping them on. I grabbed my jacket from of my computer chair pulling it on, hissing as it touched my fresh cuts. But I was thankful when it hid the cuts. "Quinn Evans, open this door right now young man", my mom shouted through the door, "Okay I'm coming", I yelled back before hiding the blade under my homework on the computer table. Opening the door, I was greeted by a frantic looking mom. "Why was your door locked?", she asked looking me over from head to toe. I cleared my throat before replying. "Oh I must of forgot to unlock it after changing, I took a nap", I said rubbing my eyes to make it look legit. "Oh, sorry, but please don't lock your door, dinner will be ready in a few minutes, come on down and eat". I nodded my head before closing my door again.

Ten minutes later I was sat at the family table with Mom, Phil and Leanne. "So are you both excited to see Noah?", Phil asked, I knew Phil loved his son and thought the sun shone out of his arse, but if they knew the truth. "Yeah sure", Leanne said picking at her food like it was dog poo instead of a chicken pasta dish. "Quinn?", I had zoned out thinking about how I was going cope with Noah being home so I jumped when my name was called. "Are you okay?", Phil asked looking up at me while shovelling a forkful of pasta into his mouth. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just don't feel that hungry". He nodded his head but didn't say anything. "So are you?", my mom asked picking up her wine glass and taking a sip. "Am I what?", I asked, "Excited about having your big step brother home for the holidays?". Oh, well if I was honest no - "Yes". After picking at my dinner and only eating a few mouthfuls I asked if I could be excused and headed up stairs, sinking on my bed I looked out of the window watching the night sky disappear behind clouds.

***********************

"Noah, my boy!", I heard Phil call out, I glanced at the alarm clock sat on my bedside table it read 11:05am, great I had slept in. Sighing I ran a hand through my dirty blonde hair the only thing I had of my dad, before getting up and making my way to the bathroom.

"Quinn?", I heard my mom shout up, I knew what was going to come next, "Yeah?", the sound of feet coming up the stairs could be heard until I saw my mom standing at the top of the stairs looking at me. I had gotten showered and dressed but I had made no move to go downstairs even though my stomach was growling for food. "Are you not going to come and say hi to Noah?", I wanted to say no, but nodded my head, "Yeah, I'll be down in a sec", she gave me a smile before turning and heading back down. Grabbing hold of my phone I made my way downstairs to find everyone in the kitchen. Mom was by the stove cooking up something that smelled like bacon, a stack of pancakes sat just beside her and a bowl of scramble eggs. Leanne was sitting at the table her nose in a magazine, while Phil leaned against the counter, Noah standing beside him, them both speaking about Noah's life for the last two months. "Aw there you are", Phil said looking up a me, a smile on his lips. "Don't I get a welcome home hug?", Noah asked, a smirk on his face. My body seemed to freeze but with the watching eyes of both my mom and Phil I forced myself to move and step up to Noah. "Hi", I said allowing him to pull me into a tight hug, his body pressed against mine making my breathing come out fast and unsteady. "Meet me upstairs after breakfast", I heard Noah whisper in my ear, a shiver rushed through my body. I was not going to do that, there was no way.

I sat quietly while everyone chatted happily about what was going on with their lives. My plate of two pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs remained untouched, my appetite no longer there. "Quinn honey are you sure you're okay?, you only managed a few mouthfuls last night and now you haven't even touched your breakfast", mom said while pressing her palm to my forehead, I slapped her hand away before sighing out, "I'm fine", I picked up my fork and scooped up a forkful of scrambled eggs before placing them in my mouth, they tasted like dust on my tongue but I swallowed it making my mom smile.

 I managed to slip out of the kitchen without anyone noticing. But an hour later I heard my mom shout up that Phil, Leanne and herself were popping out to the shops and would be back soon. Without waiting for a reply from me I heard the front door open before it closed. No, I thought, they can't leave me here, not with him. I quickly grabbed my trainers slipping them on before rushing downstairs, I had just made it to the front door before large arms grabbed me pulling me back on to a firm chest. "Where do you think you're going?", Noah hissed in my ear, I coward in his arms. "N-No-Noah, please", I begged, his laugh rung out his chest vibrating my back. "Be a good boy and I won't hurt you", he said turning me to face him, pushing me against the front door. His hand stroking my cheek before going down over my t-shirt and heading south. I gripped his hand stopping it from touching my groin, a sharp pain flashed across my right cheek, I realised he slapped me, "Don't you ever try to stop me", he hissed before grabbing my hair and pulling my head back making me cry out in pain. His lips came down on mine cutting off my cry, he tried to gain entrance into my mouth but I held my lips tightly together, but he bite my lip hard causing me to cry out, his tongue slipped in, I felt sick, I could feel his tongue exploring my mouth as well as the taste of blood. When he pulled away red covered his lower lip. "See what you made me do", he whispered stoking my cheek as tears filled my eyes before dropping down onto my cheeks. "When will you realise you are mine - MINE", he shouted in my face, spit landing on my lips and in my eyes making me blink rapidly. "I'm not yours", I whispered out, which caused him to go crazy, his fist landed in my stomach causing me to double over, my knees buckling underneath me causing me to drop to the floor before his foot contented with my ribs making me cry out, I curled up into a ball while he rained kicks and punches to my body, the whole time screaming at me, that I was his.

"What the hell happened?", I heard my mom shout out as I came too, I must of passed out while he beat on me. "I heard a loud bang and found him at the bottom of the stairs", I heard Noah say, opening my eyes I saw my mom looking down at me, "Mom", I spoke my voice trembled, "Oh don't move honey", she said kneeling beside me, Phil stood at the side with Leanne and Noah. "How did you fall down the stairs honey?", I wanted to tell her the truth but the look on Noah's face told me to keep my mouth shut or I would end up worse. "I - I wanted to come with you", I said before my world went black again.