“There was a crowd. I didn’t know what to do, so I did what my instinct to me.” I said in between sobs.

“Is that the only reason?” he whispered.

“No…” we stayed quiet for a very long time. Once the bell rang for the end of class, Alex got up.

“Dem…” I look up at him. He was crying just a little.

“Demi, I… I really like you.” He stuttered. I look at him sadly. I didn’t feel the same way about him. I stayed quiet for a bit, just looking at him. After that, he walked away, dropping the roses on the ground. I began to cry a little too. I picked up the roses and hugged them. This was the first guy to ever do something sweet to me, but all I saw him was as a friend. It hurt me that I hurt my best friend like that.

I didn’t see him the rest of that day. Once I got home, I tried calling him a billion times, but he wouldn’t answer. Around midnight, I decided to walk over to his house and try to talk to him. I sneaked out my back window and jogged until I reached his house.

I knocked on his window multiple of times but he wouldn’t answer. I finally decided to open his window since he never kept it locked. I wasn’t prepared what I saw inside.

Inside were crumpled paper everywhere I picked up one and there were multiple letters to me, his family, everything scribbled out. My heart began to beat really fast. I saw that his closet was open slightly and checked it. My scream woke up his parents, along with the neighbors.

My best friend hung himself in his closet.

The police and the ambulance came, but it was no hope. He was already two hours dead when I found him. The police interrogated me, his whole family and the neighbors. Alex’s mother never asked about why I was there at midnight, she knew me well enough that I would appear out of nowhere to come visit. But all she did was cry hysterically. I cried silently as I went back to his room and read the letters. The ones made to his family were explaining that it had nothing to do with them, but was his own fault. All the one to me were his confession of how long he actually liked me. After the fifth letter I was sobbing on the ground. In all of them he also explained that he had extreme depression, and that I was getting him out of it. But me denying him was the final blow. My older sister had come and pick me up and found me sobbing.

“Come on Demi, let’s go home.” She whispered sadly and softly as she helped me off the ground and helped me to her car.

~*~

I wipe a stray tear of my cheek as we reached a small town. Kids played on the streets as they moved over then back as our car passed by. Teens walked around laughing and hanging out. We reached a white painted wooden house that was two stories high, light blue window shutters, and a pretty front yard.

“Home sweet home.” Sighs my mother as we all get out of the car. I shake my sister gently to wake her up. I get out and get my duffle bag from the trunk and walked in the empty house. It was big and beautiful.

“Well here’s to the new life.” I said to myself.

*Nick’s POV*

My brother Joe and I walked down the street towards our house. A few houses down, there were moving trucks in front of a house that has been sold for some time now.

“Hey look man, new neighbors.” I nudge Joe with my elbow. At that moment a girl with blond hair and a beanie steps out of the car and walks in the house with a blue duffle bag. I could tell that her hair was bleached, but it suited her.

“Hey look at her. She’s something.” Joe said with a smile.

“Yea I guess.” I said, still looking at her walk inside until she disappears.

“Man, don’t tell me you got a crush on her!” laughs Joe.

“What? You’re crazy.” I said, making a face.

“Good. Hopefully she’s going to school with us. Looks like Joe has a new prize.” He said to himself. I roll my eyes at his stupid cockiness. I looked back as she again appears on the window in one of the rooms. I tune out of Joe’s voice as we continue to walk home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone this is the first chapter of Love Bugs, i hope yu like it!

Remeber i'm just posting the first chapter untill early August. So i'll see you all then!

Deicated to @missymichelle6788 because she gave me the idea of making this fanfict ^-^ love you gurl!

~Jen <3