I turned into an alley. When Nash got out of the car and stalked down the alley I reluctantly did follow. Leaving the three guns in the center console untouched. Why I was still putting any bit of trust in Nash I had no clue.

He strolled over to a building and leaned against it. It was starting to drizzle. "The Bonanno asked me to work the Gambino." I stared at him blankly. "You think they're only after Alessio and his Genovese? No. The Genovese and the Gambino combined forces in a very heavy attack against the Bonanno. Do you really think they'd just let that sort of thing go? It took months for them to make up for all the men and funds lost. They're still down in sales because the turf the Gambino and Bonanno were fighting over is now in the Gambino's possession. Not only do they want that area back, but they want some of the Gambino's land as well. Even more importantly than that they want revenge. They considered the attack a great insult, naturally, and they believe being defeated made them look weak."

I put my hand to my head.

"I work for the NYPD Kate. They know I'm doing this too. The Bonanno have me working the Gambino as well."

"This is unbelievable."

"It is..." He agreed and glanced down. "Kate, you can't tell this to Alessio."

I dropped my hand to give him my best bewildered stare. "Are you crazy?"

"He would probably tell the Gambino and then I would be dead. I'd be beyond dead."

"You think you won't be when all of this is over? You come out with all this incriminating information you think they won't find out who you are? Come back and make sure you're beyond dead? My God Nash!"

"It won't get to that."

"And where the hell do you think it's going to get to? Are you an idiot?"

"Maybe." He shrugged with a weak smile.

I paced back and forth the alley with my hands holding my head. I was so confused. "So let me just try to make sense of this."

"Of course."

"You work for the NYPD?"

"Correct."

"The NYPD put you into the Bonanno to gather evidence to take down their leader and as many men as possible?"

"Right."

"And the Bonanno put you into the Gambino?"

"Yep."

"Then what the hell is going on with the Colombo?"

His expression changed, lips pursed and brows creased. "I don't know how involved you really need to be getting in all of this."

"Seems to me I'm pretty well involved." I said crossing my arms over my chest. He gave me a questioning look and in my worst possible Nash impression repeated his "joke" that Alessio had shared with me. "Maybe if she has two legs to stand on and a pụssy to pound into we'll send her your way when we're done with her."

"Where did you hear that?" He demanded suddenly in a harsh tone.

"Your move Mr. Cooper."

He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. "The Bonnano will use you to hurt Alessio."

"I don't give a damn about the Bonnano and what they want to do, but I do give a damn what you do!" He looked too stunned for words. "Why? Why would you want to hand me off to Paulo? Or not hand me off, God! I don't even know!" I put my hands to my head again and pressed on it to keep it from bursting.