Chapter 1: Trouble

|| Peeta ||

Here I am, struggling to find a way to get out of the situation I got myself into. If I hadn't told my parents that I had a girlfriend earlier this month, then I wouldn't be panicking at anything.

Needless to say, I am in trouble.

I actually did have a girlfriend earlier this month but I broke it off because she didn't give me what I wanted. She wasn't as pretty as the girls I've dated before either. So I don't really give a shit about her life.

My parents just made a toasting for their upcoming wedding next week. They've been married before but they decided to celebrate their 50th anniversary uniquely. And that is by having another wedding.

All I did in my entire life, besides keeping up the bad boy self, was to impress my parents. In other words, I act good towards them. My parents are capable of doing anything and they could throw me out of the house anytime they want. They care about their reputation, not me. And since I've been young, I have been craving their love.

That's also kind of how I became a bad boy. Everyone likes me because of my looks or because they want to keep a good reputation. No one truly loved me for who I am. I just thought that they deserved how I treat them, especially when it comes to women.

I am brought back into reality when everyone around me begins to clap. I applaud for whatever my parents just said that I didn't hear. I have to look decent in front of anyone who has connections with my parents.

Everyone stands up as my parents steps off the stage. I walk over to one of the waiters and grab a drink from the tray he was holding. I give him a curt nod before he walks off to other people. I slowly sip my drink and find somewhere to stay with all these people.

I lean my back on the glass sliding door to the balcony where the cool night breeze quickly hits me. I continue to sip my drink until I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder. I turn around to be faced by my father. I quickly put on a smile and make space for him to stand beside.

"Son, the company will soon be passed down to you." he says and drinks from his own glass.

"I know, dad. It's quite a challenge though." I reply with a soft tone.

I can't talk to my dad the way I talk to other people. I'm still trying to impress him and I don't want him to lose his trust from me and eventually affect my mom's trust for me too.

"You know, you will need someone beside you to get through the struggles you will go through while raising the company your mom and I worked hard for. That is why we want to meet your girlfriend now. We don't care if she doesn't have the capacity to think like us. But as long as she will be able to handle her future responsibilities, she's for you to marry." he advices with his hand still placed on my shoulder.

I think this through. If my parents wants to meet my soon-to-be-found girlfriend, then they want to approve of whoever she will be and make her marry me. That's basically what they're trying to do, or is it?

"Thanks for that heads up. But does that mean that my girlfriend is the one I'm marrying?" I ask after taking a small sip from my drink again.

"Yeah. She should. I'm sure you have a good taste in woman. You don't really need our help with that, do you?" he replies.

"No. Definitely not." I smile.

I do need his help actually. But he's one of the people who aren't supposed to find out that I'm still trying to find someone. This is actually one of the hardest things I ever had to go through.

I feel like my dad will suddenly feel ashamed and disappointed in me. That feeling will never go away until I am a hundred percent sure that I have fully gained my parent's trust.

A comfortable silence overcomes our recently finished conversation. We just stand there with the airconditoner and night breeze mixing together.

"Well... it's been a long night and I'm pretty sure your mom's looking for me already. I just want you to be happy, son." he pats my back and hugs me a bit which makes my smile grow wider.

He pulls away from our hug and walks over to my mom. I turn towards the balcony again and continue my business when I was still alone in this spot. I am pleased that my father didn't get mad at me at anything we talked about.

But I am in desperate need of finding a girlfriend which I will soon marry. It won't be hard to find one actually. It's just hard to find one that will stick with me throughout this. That one is rare to find but hope is the only thing I could lean on right now.

I hope that the woman who would stick with me throughout this is just near me. It would make my job harder if she was far from here. Better yet, someone I already know.

I turn around and gulp the last contents of my glass before walking over to a waiter and placing the empty glass on his tray. I walk around for a little bit, trying to find something to do.

That's when my eyes land on her.

And I sure as hell know just exactly what to do.

Okay, I published it today too.

It was pretty short but this was everything I thought of for the first chapter. Don't worry the next chapters will be way better than this.

Who did Peeta see and what came into his mind? Who will Peeta's girlfriend be? I guess that one's pretty obvious by now.

Please vote and comment.

Shirley xx

"I want you all to myself."