Chapter 5

"Yeah we knuckin and buckin and ready to fight." –Knuck If You Buck x Crime Mob

Makenzie's POV

Later on that day

I'm currently sitting at home in my room trying to calm down. After I dropped Destiny off, I came home and went straight to my room. I have literally been sitting in my room for about an hour trying to figure out how to handle this situation. My phone vibrated indicating that I had a text message. I look down to see that it's from my cousin, Cadeem. Cadeem goes to the same high school as me. He's a grade under, but he's older.

Cadeem😁: Was that you in the middle of that argument today?

I stare at the text message because I didn't even know he had D lunch today. I really couldn't believe it. I could only imagine what he was thinking. I finally respond to the text message.

Me: Yep. That was me.

Cadeem😁: Bro, I have never heard you yell before. Why didn't you call me over there?

Me: I didn't know you had lunch at the same time I did.

Cadeem😁: Well now you do so next time, you better call me.

Me: Yes sir.

Cadeem😁: I'm serious fam, her fat ass don't need to be in your face like that no more.

Me: 😂 yes sir, I understand.

I really need to tell Keyshia what happened today. I look at the time to make sure that she's out of school before I call her. She picks up almost immediately.

"Hello?" Keyshia answers.

"Girl you won't believe what just happened!" I tell her.

I hear her sigh. "What happened this time Shontelle?" She asks me.

I tell her what happened today with the whole Natalie and Andrea situation and by the time I'm finished, she tells me that she's going to come by my house before she goes home. My doorbell rings in less than five minutes. I open the door and see my best friend standing at the door like she's ready to fight. I laugh a little because first of all; she's crippled. She had surgery on her ankle and she has a boot on her foot, then she's walking on crutches.

I open the door wider to let Keyshia get inside. She 'walks' her way to the couch and sits down.

"So when I can I come up to the school to beat her ass?!" Keyshia asked me once she got comfortable.

"You don't need to be fighting Keke." I tell her, but she isn't listening.

"Nah bestie boo, you know damn well that I don't play when it comes to you." She tells me.

I can't even respond because I know she's right. She definitely doesn't play when it comes to me. In eighth grade, this girl kept bullying me and she was about to fight the girl at lunch one day. Now don't get me wrong, she knows I can handle myself, but she's just overprotective. It's been like this since pre-school.

"I know." I respond.

"But for real sis, if you don't fight her, I will." She tells me and I know she means every word.

***

A Month Later: Late February 2014

Tonight is the night of the senior lock in at Alley Catz. I really wasn't trying to go, but my mom and my friends influenced me to go. I know I need to smoke before I go to this lock in. Of course you know that my friends are going to meet up and smoke. Right now it's 10:00 and I need to start getting ready so I can be at Destiny's house by 11, even though the lock in doesn't start until midnight. After I got home from school today, I went straight upstairs and went to sleep so I could be well rested for tonight.