Chapter 20: Missing

Start from the beginning

  "..." i was debating with myself if i should or not tell her. I know my cousin. She'll think we are just over reacting but i know this is something more. I really have a bad feeling, since the other day actually.

  "Are you going to tell me or not?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow at me to portray that she's getting impatient.

  "Well, Cole hasn't been contacting any of us. Not his friends nor guardian. I also found out that he didn't went home last night nor the night before. We're thinking that something might have happened to him, which i really wish didn't." She frowned even more, her nose wrinkled in what i can tell is confusion.

  "What are you talking about?"

  "Cole's missing, Ara! He disappeared! He's gone for two days now. No one knows where he is. Not a clue. Not a trace."

  "Again. What are you talking about? I just saw him earlier."

  "Didn't you understand what i sa-Wait... What?" It was my turn to look at him dumbfounded. Did she just..?

  "I said, i.just.saw.him.earlier, stupid! So, how can he be missing?!" She rolled her eyes at me before smacking me behind my head. I stared at her blankly, trying to process the words that just came out of her mouth. It took me a full half minute to register what she actually meant. As i did so, my eyes grew wide and a gasp of surprise escaped my lips. I stood up from my seat hastily and grabbed both of Ara's shoulders, shaking her violently.

  "YOU DID?!"

  "Yeah, in-"

  "WHERE?!"

  "At the-"

  "WHERE DID YOU SAW HIM?!"

  "As i was say-"

  "ARABELLAAAA!"

  "I saw him-"

  "SPEAK UP!" Unbeknownst to me, a large tick mark appeared on her head. With an annoyed glare, she slapped her hand on my mouth to shut me up.

  "If you would kindly shut up and let me explain then i'll be able to tell you where i saw him. Sheesh, for the love of God! Shut up and calm down!" That actually got me to stop panicking. Scratching the back of my head, i realized that i had been cutting her off. She hasn't finished a single sentence.

  "Sorry, Ara. Please continue." Mumbling, i apologized.

  "As i was going to say, i saw Cole-"

  "STOP TALKING, BRATS! GO BACK TO SEAT AND CLASSES WILL START IN A MINUTE!" She was rudely interrupted by Sir Gildarts, our Calculus Teacher. He's alright. Cool, quite funny and has his own unique way of teaching. Though, the only problem is that he is lazy. He often gives us free periods instead of teaching his supposedly lesson. Commonly, he just teach twice, if not thrice, a week. I can't say i complain. Aside from the fact that he's a excellent teacher, i do enjoy the free periods doing nothing but talk to Ara and the other girls.

  Me and Ara exchanged looks of annoyance as we sat down on our own seats. Seriously? Why of all times did he chose now to not be lazy?

  "Turn your books on page 247 and answer the exercises there." The class all groaned as we saw what exercises or activity Sir Gildarts was talking about. It was a Unit Test that's up to a hundred items, which i can tell that not half of it was discussed nor familiar to us.

~An hour and a half later~

*Kring! Kring! Kring!*

  The snack bell rang through the hallways as we exited our classroom like real live zombies. Calculus was complete torture! I did managed to answer almost all of it but i'm not sure about my answers nor formulas that i used. Probably, the highest grade i could achieve was A-. Not a good result for my Nerd image.

  "I'm seriously gonna slaughter Sir Gildarts one of these days! He can't just give us a test like that!" My cousin grumbled by my side as we ventured the crowded hallways to the cafeteria.

  "He could. May i remind you that he's the teacher?" I countered which earned me a scowl from her. As we entered the packed cafeteria, we instantly recognized Cindy and Miyuki sitting at our usual table. Levy and Cana was with them. Like Mira had suggested, we came up to them and introduced ourselves. They weren't hard to get along with since they are both cool and nice. Especially Levy! Like me, she's a huge bookworm! She's like a Nerd, except she doesn't wear glasses and is actually pretty. She's a Freshman volunteer, making her known all through out the campus. Cana, on the other hand, is Sir Gildart's daughter. She's obsessed with drinking. She even brings bottles of alcohol to school but never once was she caught! As i mentioned, she's a teacher's daughter but her father never showed favoritism. She actually failed his subject twice in a row!

  "Hey guys!" Me and Ara greeted in unison. Four of them looked our way as smiles formed on their lips. We both got seated omce we reached their table.

  "Took you guys long enough." Cindy complained, crossing her arms infront of her.

  "Don't blame us, blame Sir Gildarts for giving us a hard test!" Ara whined causing everyone in our table to laugh.

  "Glad you survived. Anyways, Erza and Mira asked us to save them seats later since they're going us for lunch." Miyuki's talking about Erza Scarlet. She's the student council president and currently a junior. She's also smart and not to mention, beautiful. Though, she's quite scary and strict.

  "That's great! Oh, wait! Lucy! I forgot to tell you where i saw Cole-" Ara started but my attention got diverted to the entrance of the cafeteria. There, i saw Cole who just entered, perfectly healthy and unharmed. Certainly, not missing either. But why?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey!!

  It's been a looooong time since i updated! And since i made a deal with my bestfriend, 12CheshireCat, i'll be updating not just Barbie Nerd but also the Star Goddess 2 and Hidden Powers! This chapter is dedicated to her and my other sister, askmebae17.. Hi, emerald!!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14