Chapter 5 Burglars and Perverts

Chapter 5

Burglars and Perverts

I shoot up from bed and stand in my defensive stance, ready to beat any attacker or burglar into unconsciousness. Carefully, still ready for a fight, I switch the lamp on, causing Jodie to stir in her sleep.

 Another fact the light makes me aware of, is that the burglars/my attackers are both in dresses, heels, full-on make up and hair-do. Their guilty eyes shoot my way.

 “Tamara, Chanelle, what are you doing in my room at” my eyes flick towards my alarmclock, “midnight?” I still haven’t returned to my normal posture (you never know what can happen) and continue giving them suspicious looks.

 “Hey, don’t look at me like that. It’s not like I wanted to freakin’ come here, she dragged me here.” Chanelle points out coldly. I slowly stand up and straighten out my silky, purple camisole nightee and trousers.

 “Oh, Arianna, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you’d have gone to sleep so early…it’s just that…remember you said you’d come to the party? So since there’s been a change of venues, and I was meant to come collect you to take you anyway I came…so yeah…” she awkwardly rubs her hands over her arms.

 And that’s when I remember. I was invited to a party, merely two days ago, and I agreed to go….but that was before I saw Darling for its superficiality. Now I don’t have any desire to go to a party, where everyone will be judging you by what you wear. Not that anybody ever dares to say anything to my occasionally outrageous outfits, still it’s the fact that people would bully for the wrong dress-code that matters.

 “The party…” I mutter.

 “Yes, the party” she repeats.

 “Erm…I totally forgot about that…I was planning not to go…” I admit earnestly.

 “Arianna! You can’t do that to us! We came all the way from the fifth floor to get you! You have to come to the party!” Tamara retorts, while Chanelle checks her complexion in a comact mirror, bored.

 “But I don’t want to go…”

 “Come on! You have to come! Quickly, we’ll help you get ready.” Tamara suggests, with a small smile. I glance towards Chanelle, who still looks bored out of her mind.

 “I’m not really in the mood…” I try to explain again, but am cut off by Jodie.

 “Shut up!” Jodie drawls in her sleep.

 “Sorry,” Tamara whispers, then gives me the puppy eye look. Her eyes grow the size of golf balls, her chocolate eyes glittering, tears welling up in the pools of her eyes, “Aww, come on Arianna, please? I wouldn’t want any friend to miss a good time…and you’re my newest friend…pleeaase..you know I’d always want the best for you…pleaaase”

 The puppy eyes did it. Ugh, I need to build immunity to those things.

 “Fine..I’ll go.” I sigh defeated.

 Thirty-five minutes later, I’m ready. After a lot searching, I finally find a sparkly blue tank dress with my signature black butterflies trailing down the side (the butterflies are my addition, and the absence of the Marc Jacobs logo is my fault too) and my self-slashed and fringed skinny jeans (these used to be DKNY). I top that with a tie-at-the-front cardi, that has buttons, despite that the buttons aren’t used (that’s because I forgot to make the button holes, but it looks okay with the buttons there so I decided the button holes are unnecessary, okay I’m rambling). And of course last but not least come my 5-inch peep-toe platform heels (once upon a time it was Christian Laboutin, I painted the black platform blue and drew my signature butteflies on them, even on the sole, where it said Christian L, I sewed a sticker that says ‘DiRia’, my designer name, on it. Yep I defiled Christian Laboutin, what are you gonna do about it?).