Chapter One: Special Powers

ALEXIS POV

As soon as Dad went to work, Mom said she was going with him. I guess so they could have more time alone together. But this was the chance I had been looking for. As soon as they were gone, I ran up to my room and sat on the bed, taking a deep breath. I concentrated as hard as I could, and I slowly felt the tips of my fingers disappear. I concentrated harder and I saw it spread all the way up my arm. I walked over to the mirror in my room and watched as it overtook my body, until I was completely invisible. Whoa. I gasped in shock and lost my concentration, causing my whole body to become visible again. I fell back on the bed, gasping for air. I could make myself invisible. Like my mom. Only... I could make myself visible also. What was I? I couldn't be all human if I could do this...

I decided to use my gift to my advantage. I crept out of the house and locked the door, walking to the driveway and climbing in my car. I started it up and drove down to the store, parking it in the parking lot and then getting out. I planned to see where my father worked. He had showed me the warehouse that he worked at, and I knew who Antonio was, but I didn't know what he did. And I had always been dying to know. I walked in the direction of the warehouses, and then, right before I got there, I ducked into an alley and made myself invisible. It was coming easier to me every time. I looked down and almost lost my concentration again when I realized I couldn't see my body. I slowly walked out of the alley, walking over to the warehouse I had seen Dad go into so many times. Before I walked inside, I heard voices on the other side of the warehouse. I crept over there and stopped when I saw my Dad. Bingo. Mom was standing next to him, and he was handing another guy a bag that looked suspiciously like... Oh my god.

The guy gave him money and then walked off towards the exit of the alley, which I was blocking. For a second I forgot he couldn't see me, and I was frozen stiff. I gasped loudly when he walked right through me, my heart pounding loudly. Then I looked back up at my dad. My mom was now looking at him, and she began whispering something to him. I walked a little closer to hear, and they were still oblivious to my presence.

"...Are you almost done?" Mom asked him. He counted the money in his pocket and then nodded, and she sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you." She said, kissing him deeply. He kissed her back, and I could almost feel their pain. It made a few tears fall out of my eyes. They didn't want to lose each other. I didn't blame them. I was about to turn around and walk away, but suddenly Dad broke away from mom and raised his eyebrow.

"Alexis?" He said in a shocked tone. I looked down at my body and cursed when I saw I had become visible again thanks to losing concentration.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered.

"Alexis, how did you get here?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"That doesn't matter! Why didn't you ever tell me that you were a drug dealer!" I said loudly.

"You don't understand. I had to be. When your mother was- someone's coming. Alexis, hide." He said quickly. I looked around and when I saw there was nowhere to hide, I made myself invisible as fast as I could. My fathers eyes widened in shock.

"What the hell?" He whispered. I looked at the corner to see a guy I recognized as Damond enter the alley.

"Everything alright Chris?" He asked, his hand on his hip where I saw a shiny black gun.

"Yeah, it's fine." He replied, still looking at me from the corner of his eye. My mom and I were just standing there, completely invisible. Except my dad could see my mom, and so could I.

"Are you sure? I heard yelling." Damond continued, looking around to make sure no one else was here.

"Oh, yeah, I just had to talk to someone about how much money they owed me but I took care of it." Dad lied quickly. Damond nodded and then turned around, walking away. As soon as he was gone, I let out a long breath and felt the warmth spread through my body as I became visible again. In the next second, Dad had me pinned against the wall.

"How the hell did you do that?" He asked wildly, searching my eyes for an explanation.

"You're hurting me." I complained as I tried to wriggle free of his grasp. A hand touched his shoulder and he instantly relaxed.

"Chris, let her go." Mom said.

"April, you can't-"

"Chris, she's not all human. She's not completely... Alive." Mom said, looking away.

"What?" Dad asked in shock.

"Chris, when she was born, do you really think she would have inherited all of your traits? Having a dead mother had to have affected her in some way." Mom tried to explain to him.

"But what else can she do?" He asked, like I wasn't standing right next to him.

"I don't know that yet. But first, explain to me why in the HELL you're a drug dealer." I snapped. He turned to me and sighed in frustration.

"When April was pregnant with you, she was living in an abandoned house since its kind of hard for her to go out and buy a house..." He said. I nodded at him and motioned for him to continue.

"At first I worked at the mall, and then I got fired because they saw me talking to April. They apparently thought I was crazy. Any job around here wouldn't give me enough money to be able to get a new house and buy April the things she needed for a baby, so I had to drug deal. It makes the most money, and I only have to give Antonio ten percent of what I get. So it quickly made me enough money to get a living here." He explained, staring at me.

"Oh." I said softly. He nodded.

"But why didn't you quit once I was born and you had everything under control?" I asked.

"Well, I would have, but Antonio said once I sign up for this, I'm in it for life. And if I quit, he'll shoot me." Dad said, closing his eyes.

"I really don't wanna be on anyone's hit list." He muttered.

"I don't like you working here." I said.

"Neither do I, sweetheart." Mom said, putting her arm around him. He leaned into her, and I could tell it was time for me to go. I let the coldness wash through me until Dad gasped, and I knew I was invisible. I walked back the way I came, heading to my car. But I was still hiding something. Invisibility wasn't the only gift I had...

_________________

A/N so what did you guys think about having a chapter in Alexis' point of view? Like it? Hate it? Should I do it again? Tell me in the comments :)