Chapter 17: The Skeletons

Start from the beginning

An hour and thirty minutes later I was dressed in a million dollar evening gown, that made me feel like a thief. As much as I denied going, I didn't have much of a choice because Morgan was relying on me to make his brother attend.

By 'We' Liam Douglas meant; Adeline, Leah and I, including.

I liked my face the way it was, and I didn't want to draw attention to myself by letting the stylist apply full makeup onto me, I stuck with the basics.

Leah objected various times, but I went with the lamest excuse of them all. 'Who's going to keep and eye on Adeline, when I'm keeping an eye on Liam?' She didn't total agree with it though.

Morgan was typing furiously into her phone; not that she was furious. Then she looks up to see us all dressed and ready to go. Her stylist touched up her makeup and we left the guest room to made our way downstairs.

Leah's dress was beautiful. The top part was a black bustier with thin straps, the rest of the gown was white with a short train trail at the back.

Following them both, we made our way down the stairs to see a awaiting Liam in black suit and tie. His eyes stood out; his hair standing on it's own made my hand itched to go through it.

My daughter was wearing a flower mesh princess dress, with her hair down; as long as it was, it didn't work with the dress.

Morgan's stylist saved me, when she gave me a hair band. I packed her dark hair into a high ponytail and naturally some of it fell down at the side of her face. Her eyes put the campaign dress into shame.

Then Adeline ran of into the living room... Returning with Mr. Bunny in hand. She loved him to bits; she needed someone her age, to be around.

I was thinking so hard I didn't realise that Liam had spoken. "Sorry, you were saying...?"

He couldn't keep his eyes off me, I felt the intensity of being undressed by those eyes.

"The car is here." Announced an enthusiastic Morgan already heading to the door once her furry coat was on.

It was rather cold tonight- this is New York I'm talking about, it's always cold.

Once all our coats were on, we followed Liam's sister out the font door only to be greeted by the white limo, that was practically in our face.

Adeline ran off the porch, to the white car and pressed her hands against it as she starred in awe. "Mommy look! A spaceship!" She came running back and pointed at the limousine.

"That's a nice spaceship, do you like it?" I asked chuckling.

As she nodded she asked if we were going to fly of in it. I told her it will have to drive because there's not enough space to take off. Her pretty little face fell and so she went reaching for the door handle but didn't reach.

Before I could move forward to help her, Liam was faster and so opened it and helped her enter.

The stylist said bye to us, acknowledging Liam importantly and headed to her parked car in front of the limousine.

Forty minutes or so later, we had reached a palace, that stood proudly on its own, with light radiating of the place making it seem so alive.