Chapter 6: The Fever

04.04.2015

Copyright © April 2015 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 6: The Fever

Sandra Adele Rosé

I was picked up and spun by his gentle hands. It was the perfect day, the sun was shining up against my skin, I wore a blue summer dress and sandals. There was a huge field around us with all sorts of flowers.

He picked one for me, and complimented how it was as beautiful as me but also far from my beauty, and then placed it in my hair. We strolled through the valley of flowers on our walk.

It was special which only we knew.

Yet I fell in love with him all over again.

The next morning, Adeline and myself got dressed just like the same routine for the weekdays. However this morning was a lot different, because Adeline turned out to be sick, and a huge part of me knew it was because of the house was almost freezing cold.

She was running a fever, but then her skin looked colorless. My mother instincts kicked in and I was measuring her temperature, making soup and trying to find time to call the office as I was already beyond late. Maybe I'll get fired, but that wasn't on my mind as much as it should be.

"Open your mouth Ade." I told her as I sat on our bed crossed legged in front of her, ready to spoon feed her. She was clutching her bunny tightly. After protesting that she was a big girl and could do it herself, she opened her mouth.

I even exaggerated and did plane noise, but it was definitely worth it because she laughed. "You sound like a big baby." She commented, swallowing her food. I gave her another spoon singing my own version of Bob The Builder to Adeline.

When Adeline successfully ate everything, she fell asleep for the first time since the morning. I tucked her in and left to make that call, I should have done by now. The phone rang three times before it was thankfully picked up.

"Jennifer Jenkins speaking, how may I help you?" The secretary of the famous Liam Douglas said into the line. I wander why she picked up, when I called to his office straight.

"Hi Jennifer, it's me Sandra. I was wondering it I could speak to Mr Douglas." Yeah, I didn't know why I called him that, it's just better like that even though he insists on being called Liam by me.

"Oh, he just left the office unannounced, so I'll be taking his calls and all." She told me politely.

I sighed, "Okay, just tell him that I called to apologise for not being there and the very late notice... I just have an urgent crises."

"Yes of course, I'll tell him when I get in contact with him, which I doubt is anytime soon." She laughter, "I hope that crises turns out well." I say a short goodbye, and turned off my Samsung cell. I went back to the bedroom and cuddled beside Adeline. I didn't think much about being infected and fell asleep.

-

-

-

I think I was dreaming that there was a big commotion on my front do, like something was banding on the door. The more I thought about it, the more it became reality as I refused to get out off my sleepy state for some door. So I blocked out the frustrating noise and just as I thought it had stopped, the banging becam worse.

Someone wants to knock my door down. I felt Adeline stirring beside me, so I got up furious and all for whoever woke me up and is trying to wake my baby girl up. I marched to the front door pissed. And when I threw the door open and heard the handle bang against the wall, I screamed: "What the--"