SIXTEEN

CHAPTER 16
JUNKYARD PLANET

SHE had woken up early that morning for the meeting, her limbs weak despite knowing she would have to be stronger for the day ahead

SHE had woken up early that morning for the meeting, her limbs weak despite knowing she would have to be stronger for the day ahead. They were to arrive on Jakku in less than two hours.

Raena walked in her familiar outfit to the other end of the ship, her fast pace causing her to practically glide down the slim corridors. When she reached a fork in the hall, she almost ran into him, who was adorning the same dark mask that she got the pleasure of seeing removed in private hours.

They stared at each other for a moment before she greeted, "Good morning, Commander Ren."

"Officer Nhagy," he nodded, gesturing for her to walk with him at his speed, which was just slightly faster than her own. "Were you informed of the relevance to the meeting we are attending? That we are to arrive on Jakku?"

Having to talk formally with the man that she adored to touch was nothing but uncomfortable. She couldn't take the aura he held at the moment, something entirely different than how he usually was with her, but she knew she had to deal with it to keep herself on Supreme Leader Snoke's good side.

"I was informed yesterday by Captain Phasma," she replied as they passed by a group of storm troopers.

They were just about to step into the meeting room before he spun her around, gripping her arm tightly in his gloved hands. "Excuse you," she muttered, ripping her arm away.

"I just wanted to say something, in case we don't see each other in private again today," he muttered, his voice now soft, despite the difference from the modulator. Raena looked around the hall, spotting no one. "Be aware of your surroundings today. This is the first time we're attacking this base, and we don't know what they're capable –"

"It's on Jakku, Ren," she rolled her eyes. "Don't worry about me. I've gotten out of the head Resistance base before. I can handle a small one on a junkyard planet."

He moved his gaze away to a passing trooper, causing the being to suddenly stare at their feet. "When we return, I'll tell you everything."

She quirked a brow. "You better make sure you stay alive then."

Before he could say another word, she strode into the meeting with him on her tail, just shy of a minute late. They both received suspicious glares from most of the cadets and officers in the room, the worst coming from General Hux, who looked back down immediately afterwards. "Morning, everyone," the commander grumbled as he and the assassin took their seats next to each other.

"Now that we are all here, let us discuss our important mission for the day," Captain Phasma informed from her place next to Hux.

Kylo rested his hand on Raena's leg under the table, a gentle reminder that he was always there, behind closed doors. She had been looking down at her hands, her only response being a smile at the touch. Although, at the thought that this gesture would be an act that Ben Solo would also do, he retracted his fingers away quickly.