3. Determination

Two years later

Dacia was swipping the entrance when Penelope entered the house with muddy shoes.

-"Pen!"- cried out ten year-old Dacia who had helped clean up the manor that day.

-"Oops. Guess you'll have to clean there again."- said Penelope while she smirked and happily left without even considering her younger sister's feelings.

Ever since Dacia had been selected as a wolf blood heir from part of the Alpha's family, Penelope had been bullying her. Even so, she didn't report the bullyings to her father or even fought with her over the issue. She knew that her sisters had all been having a hard time ever since they were born, so it was kind of normal if they were still mad with her for being the only one known with wolf blood at the moment. Dacia dropoed the broom and crouched down as she bit her lower lip and tried her best to hold back her tears. It was also hard for her to live as a wolf blood since everyone was always looking up to her wether to transform or to see if she was a good candidate for their wolf sons. Dacia was practically a price. She was set as some sort of trophy amongst those who were betting on her fate. Everyday she pretended to be alright, like nothing actually bothered her, so her sisters could all have a peace of mind and keep living as usual.

Dorin was in a corner with his arms folded across his chest as he looked worriedly at Dacia, who was still crouching all alone in a corner. He was the only one who knew how hard it was for her. He was always with her, since he was her guardian, but there was something more than that...he just never spoke of it. They were still young and it could be a mere ilusion, still he never left her side no matter how confused he might be at times. He sighed and walked towards her and crouched next to her.

-"Hey there, Daci."-he said as he ploped his hand on her head.

She quickly looked up at him a little surprised with tear-filled eyes as he simply gave her a small but tender smile. Dorin pulled her towards him as both fell on the floor. She simply embraced him and hid her face on his chest as both of them laid there on the floor in silence. Sometimes he didn't even need to say a word to comfort her, she simply wanted him to be there and that was enough for her.

. . .

Dacia was at one of the pack's members house with some other wolf boys. All of them were sitting on be floor looking up at their mentor from the Bucur clan. The boys would all start whispering rumors about Dacia.

"I heard she's the only one with wolf blood from the Alpha's breeds"

"Is she seriously going to be  a wolf girl?"

"Nah. Maybe she's just being trained to later be married to one of us. We might be chosen as an alpha. I mean, it's impossible for a girl to be an alpha"

Dacia pretended she hadn't heard them and kept attending their mentor who was trying to explain them about transformations and the connection with the moon.

-"We are considered different amongst the werewolves around the world. The Lupu and the Bucur have the ability to transform whether there's full moon or not"- said the mentor as Dacia's eyes grew wide in surprise.