Whirligig

Disclaimer: Please remember, I provide these essays to you as an outline for your own. Plagiarism, using one's work as your own, can have severe consequences. There are many tools integrated into teaching software that can detect plagiarism. It's also as easy as plugging in one sentence into Google to find this essay. I want these to be available to all those that may need an outline or inspiration for their own assignments, however, I know some have used my work and have been caught. Please, don't just copy and paste my work and earn yourself a zero on the essay or fail your class. Thank you for reading and I truly hope that these essays will help. Good luck! If you ever need a peer reviewer for your essay, message me!

An essay about choices.

Never Alone

A boy of just seventeen ridiculed at a party. He did not fit in, and it killed him. With a clouded mind and closed eyes, he drove, not seeing the lights ahead. A crash was heard. He did not die, but a girl that night was taken away from the world. She took his place in death, so he took her place in life. Weeks later he was on a porch surrounded by people from around the world. He did not know them all, but they were connected. By the world, by our thoughts, by our choices. We help each other. There will always be someone there, whether you want them there or not.

Sometimes we may think we are alone when in reality there are many people that can help us throughout life. In the book Whirligig by Paul Fleischman, a boy named Brent travels across the country on a quest for forgiveness. On this journey, he finds who he truly is. He also finds that everybody has their own path in life and that there will always be someone there.

Many things in our lives can remind us that we are not alone. The wind and propellers in a whirligig work together to move and create something beautiful, the same way people can. Brent made them and his whirligigs allowed others to relate and appreciate them. A book can represent the knowledge books share with others. Brent's book on how to make whirligigs had many annotations and notes written by the previous owner, notes, and knowledge he would soon add himself. Then there were the stars. The constant balls of gas that were always there, though sometimes were never seen. People are like those stars. At times you only see one, secluded from the world. Then you can see millions, billions of others surrounding it and it is not alone. There are always people around to help and nurture us.

People can impact us in ways we sometimes do not see. The author repeatedly switched the structure between Brent's point of view to the effect the whirligigs he made had on others. This switching showed that what he made did have positive effects on people. The author also made the page numbers be sideways on the page. This is to symbolize that Brent's life was sideways and that he never had a straight path to follow in life, nobody does. Our lives are constantly changing from the actions of people. The point of view is also switched between third and first on and off between chapters as in the structure. This switching shows that though Brent does not completely know himself, he could still help others in the future.

We know that we are all connected through society. We all affect each other in one way or another. We change and learn from each other. As a small speck in our world, we are constantly surrounded by people every day.

11-16-15