Chapter 4- Fisher

The rest of the afternoon past by in a blur. Adam asked me to take some of the younger campers out on a trail ride to get their horses used to everything. I rode one of his Quarter Horses. The young, silly gelding was a palomino with a luscious, creamy white mane and tail, his name was Amero. He had one blue eye along with three white socks.

I found the trails easily and guided  the group of Middle School girls for an hour or so. It was 4:00 before I got to my cabin. As I entered the cabin, all of the boys stopped talking and stared at me. I kept my eyes on the ground and made my way to the bunk where my bags sat.

I quietly put some of my clothes in a chest of drawers beside my single bed. The boys started back into their heated discussion about Lane Frost vs JB Mauney. 

                                                                                     ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

                                I spent the rest of the evening reading my summer reading novel, The Longest Ride, and went to dinner. I sat by myself until Ashley came over and we sat and got to know each other. She was a member of the Alabama High School Rodeo. A Barrel racer and her Appaloosa, Dash'in Cash, was a great-grandson of Skip's Reward.

At 8:00, we went back to our cabins and our counselors joined us in our cabins. My counselor was a tall, lanky guy named, Cameron. He was the most bubbly person you could've ever met. His green eyes twinkled when he smiled and his light brown hair was always in little tuffs. 

"Tonight," Cameron said as all of the cabin sat on the floor beside their bunks. "We are going to learn a little about each other," I didn't look at anyone else except Cameron. "I'm Cameron, I like to ride broncs, but I've only ridden a bull once, and it was a mini bull," Cameron laughed at the last phrase. 

He looked at his clipboard and pointed to a red-headed boy with freckles. "Go in a circle," Cameron spoke. The boy looked up and grinned. "I'm Eli Ram, I am 16 years old, I ride bulls, I was the JPBR reserve champion last year and I can't wait to see what y'alls made of," I grinned at this guys cockiness. 

The next two boys were twins. Tyler and Skylar Kimes. The two dirty blonde boys were as cocky as Eli, maybe more. The next guy was closest to me. He had glasses and jet black hair that framed his pale face. He looked emo, but he wasn't. "I'm Zack Frost," He said slowly. "My Grandpa was brothers with Lane Frost, I was JPBR Champion Last year, and I'm 17," He stared at the floor. "No ego there," I thought. 

All of my cabinmates looked at me. "Uh, Hey!" "I'm Indie Wiles, I'm 15 and I like to ride my horse fast and win. My parents wanted a son so that he could take over my Dad's ranch and continue in a long line of PBR Champions," I thought if I should continue. "But They got me, and I'm gonna continue to follow in the boot prints straight to the PBR," I finished.

Cameron gave me a reassuring smile. The next three boys took there turns. They were like the guy, bull riding version of Mean Girls. Only they weren't mean. Kyle Jacobs was a tall, muscular 16 year old from Dallas. His brown eyes complimented his light blonde hair and his jawline was flawless. But that ego. *Sigh*

Justin  Harrison was Amy's brother and you could tell. His petite frame matched hers and his dark blue eyes and blonde hair with brown roots also looked like hers. The last guy of the group was a boy named Jimmy Price. The friendly 15 year old looked almost exactly like Zac Efron's cowboy form. The last boy caught my attention more than all the others.

His name was Fisher Hanover. He was a tall, his hair wasn't bright red, but it was a settle and cute and his blue eyes were like pools of crystal clear reef water. The 16 year old had a deeper, quieter voice than the other boys and he didn't talk as much. I slowly moved to my bed as Cameron stood up and told us curfew was in 30 minutes. 

I sat down on my bed and thought. When I closed my eyes, all I saw was Fisher. I couldn't be crushing on him? Could I? I could hardly wait for the next day. I completely ignored the boys loud talking as I fell into a deep sleep.