Chapter 13

It was Friday afternoon when I received a call. I was busy with some patients hence I couldn't receive it at that very moment. It was Sayra.

When I was free again, I called her back. She picked after a few rings.

"Hello," her voice came from the other side.

"Hi. Sorry I was busy at that time," I said.

"That's all right. I thought I should call and tell you that my classes will be over early, today, so if you want I can take the day off from the shop and maybe we can go and buy gift for your cousin."

"And?" I said.

"And what?" she asked, confused.

"What about lunch? Aren't you hungry?" I asked.

"Well, it depends on how much time we have left after we are done with shopping," she replied.

"In that case, we can have lunch because I am starving."

"But I need to return by 6pm," she reminded.

"No problem. I will drop you."

"But..." she paused.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. Ok then. Can you pick me from in front of Nizammudin railway station?" she asked.

"Sure. I will be there in 30 minutes," I said and disconnected.

I picked my coat and ran towards the car. It was lunch hour and maybe traffic could get me late.

I was right; it took almost 40 minutes before I go to the destination. She was waiting for me in front of the station.

"I am extremely sorry. Traffic was..." I was saying before she cut me off.

"No issues. It's ok," she said and sat inside the car.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Anywhere you want. But remember we have to shop also, so hurry up."

"Yes, madam."

She looked at me and then smiled.

It was the first official proper smile from her since I met her. It made my day already.

"So let's go to a new restaurant we found. It's near CP circle, Amrik Dhabba. The best Chicken masala around," I said.

"Do they have anything in veg?" she asked.

"You are a vegetarian?" I asked, surprised.

"No, I am not."

"Are you feeling all right? I mean if you are not well we can directly go to shopping?" I asked.

"No, it's all right. I don't eat non halal meat. That's why I asked," she said hesitantly."

"Oh, no problem. If you want we can go to some restaurant near Jama Masjid. They serve absolutely stunning chicken biriyani," I proposed.

"But won't it be too far?" she asked.

"No, it's ok. It will take few more minutes. So it's done; we are going to Jama Masjid area," I said and started the engine.

In another few minutes we reached there. I parked the car and we hired a rickshaw.

Then we spent some time searching for a hotel that is not too crowded.

Finally, we picked one hotel and entered inside. After a few minutes of going through the menu, we ordered Chicken biriyani, Chicken korma, and three butter naan.