Chapter 5

I was sitting in the clinic. It was already 6pm, and I was almost done with my schedule but my mind was not at rest throughout the day. After I have seen all the patients, I was waiting for her to show up. And I was looking at each patient with the hope that it would be her. But I knew I was just making a fool of myself.

'Stop it. She is not going to come,' I said to myself.

Finally, I packed my bags, heading towards the car parking space when suddenly some thoughts entered my mind. I turned and ran towards inside...

"Nurse, nurse," I shouted, having seen Sheela in the corridor.

"Yes, doctor," she said and turned.

"I need your help," I said, adjusting myself.

"Yes."

"Could you bring the log book for yesterday's body claim details?" I asked.

"Anything important doctor?" she asked.

"Yes. Could you please bring it to my office," I requested.

In the next five minutes, Sheela arranged the book for me while I waited for her in the clinic.

"Anything else, doctor?" she asked while handing over the book to me.

"No, that would be fine. Thanks, nurse," I said and opened it.

'How the hell can you forget to check her name and address in the log. How stupid can you be,' I cursed myself.

I turned the pages with excitement and my search stopped at one entry.

Diseased name- Mr. Miyaz Ahmed

Date of demise- 15/10/2015

Age- 69

Relatives- 1

Name of relatives- Sayra Ahmed

Address- House number 294B, Pratap Kunj.

Opposite to Karol Bagh Railway station

Karol Bagh, New Delhi

Phone number- N.A

'Sayra,' I murmured. A brisk of smile and blush appeared on my face

In another few minutes I left the hospital, but I wasn't at rest; my mind was repeating her name every second.

'Sayra, Sayra, Sayra-Vivan, Vivan-Sayra....Sayra,' I was taking her name when my phone rang. It was Aman.

"Hey, where are you, bro? We are waiting for you at Studmac's," he shouted.

"Coming. Coming. I am on my way," I replied excitedly.

"What happened? Did you get promoted? You sound so happy?" he asked.

"I will tell you when I get there," I said and disconnected.

There was something different about the air today. Everything was a bit more colorful, a bit rainier, a bit saltier, a bit sweeter.

I was standing at a red light in front of Indian habitat center when a small girl came near to the car's window. She was selling red roses.

"How much for one?" I asked, smiling at her

"10 rupees for one," she replied, passing me one rose with the hope that I will buy.

"And how much for all of them?" I asked.

"All?" she asked with her eyes wide open.

"Yes, all of them. Give me all of them," I said and gave her a 500-rupee note considering that would be the price