8. The Boy with the Rain (Rihanna, We Need Your Umbrella)

Start from the beginning

She grinned and took his other hand, spinning him around. He let her as they kept spinning, probably looking like idiots from the dry students inside but they didn't care.

It was just them, the rain and their laughter. It was real. They could feel it.

She gripped onto his hand, knowing if one of them let go, at least one would go flying into the mud. He let his hand slip off of one of hers and e tightly gripped onto her other hand, tugging her past the tree and to the other doors on the other end of the court.

She screamed again, nearly slipping and laughed with Ryland who saw it. He grabbed the door handle, swinging it open. They both ran in, accidentally bumping into a couple of students who were on their way.

"Sorry!" Ryland shouted.

"Whoops!" Delilah said with a giggle. They exchanged big smiles and kept running, their shoes squeaking against the floors.

Just as people were getting out of their class, they snuck in and grabbed their things as fast as they could. Stuffing whatever binders, papers and pens that they left into their bags and quickly darted out of the class before the teacher could question their absence.

It wasn't until they finally stopped at the staircase where they leaned on the wall to catch their breath. Delilah's silver hair stuck to her cheeks and she peeled one off. "How's that for a 'real' experience?" she asked.

Ryland laughed. "Pretty real." He grabbed the ends of his shirt and squeezed the water out, creating a puddle by the stairs. Delilah squealed, it pooling all over her feet and he laughed.

"There's no way we can go into class like this," she said, staring down at her dripping sweater. She could already feel the uncomfortable sensation of the jeans clinging to her skin.

Ryland hiked his bag higher on his shoulder. "C'mon. I have an idea."

She dragged her hair back, getting the water out of her face with a smile. "Lead the way." She followed after him, running past students who probably got a little wet as they zipped by.

"Hey! Watch it!" one of them shouted.

Ryland dashed down a staircase and rounded a corner, heading for a door. He kicked it open, Delilah following behind. They walked past rows of lockers, benches between each set. "Isn't this the locker room?"

He stopped in front of a cabinet, pulling out two towels. "Yeah. No one has gym this period so we're safe in here." He tossed the towel over his head and scrubbed really hard.

She put her head down and did the same, scrubbing the crap out of her hair with the towel. She flicked her hair back up, caught up to Ryland who was already walking somewhere else.

He stopped in front of the laundry room of the lockers and explained, "Sometimes our jerseys smell like shit so coach makes us toss them in the washer." He opened the door to the drawer. "Luckily, we also have a dryer. So I was thinking, the girls probably don't have a class either and I know their locker room is an exact replica of this one. You could just—"

She bundled the ends of her sweater and rolled it off her body, feeling relieved once the weight was off. She opened the dryer door and tossed hers in.

"What do you think you're doing? Stop!" He grabbed her wrists but she yanked them away, already unbuttoning her jeans.

"Can you stop freaking out? What—haven't seen a half-naked girl before?" She rolled her eyes and unzipped the rest of her pants. Shimming out of them, she peeled it off her legs and even tossed her socks in.