That Lost Feeling

Start from the beginning

I heard a type of calming music fill the cliffside as his fingers moved over the holes of the pipe.
The sound drifted calmly on the calm breeze brushing by.

The song he was playing sounded so, peaceful that I just wanted to fall asleep while it played.

Then the tune changed.

This one was heartbreaking.

It made me clutch at my chest in hurt.

It was sorrowful and longing. Longing to be held by that special person, to be cradled in their arms and rocked to sleep. To be loved.

My mind drifted off.

A little boy sat in the middle of nowhere all alone.

His knees brought up to his face as his fisted hands pushed at his eyes, trying desperately to fight away the flowing tears.

Only they kept coming. The tears just wouldnt stop.

He was all alone.
He was scared, hurt and unloved. His hand grabbed at his heart in pain as he continued to cry.

*Yuma's tune changed to more of a lullaby.*

A young girl about the same age as the boy walked into the space.

She slowly walked towards the little boy with a sweet smile on her face.
Sitting down next to him, she pulled him closer and just held him to her.
Looking like she never wanted to let him go.

The boy turned to the girl with surprise as she just smiled to him. "Its Okay." She cooed to him softly.

He looked at her in disbelief. Like he had never expected her to care. Or anyone to care really.

Reminded me a lot of Naruto.

In time, he relaxed a little as she pulled him back into her hug.

Hesitantly, his arms wrapped around her waist before he cried on to her shoulder. "I'm right here."

*I was snapped out of it when I could no longer hear the music of the pipe playing.
"What are you doing?" I heard someone ask angrily.

I looked down to see Yuma glaring at me. To that I smiled brightly and waved down at him. "That was a lovely song." I complimented, landing in front of him with ease.
"What were you doing?" He asked rudely with a harsher glare.

"I was told to watch over you. So thats what I was doing." He huffed and began to walk away.

I heard the music still floating softly on the wind, like someone was trying to play back to him.

"You miss your Mother, dont you?" I heard as he stopped mid step behind me.

I stared out over the cliff where he had recently been playing.
"I dont have to tell you anything!" He snapped before trying to leave.

"You didnt have to. It was all in the song you played." He paused his steps again.

"The first verse was about how calming it was to have her with you. How you were always together and you felt loved with her.
She was your special someone."
He still refused to move.

"The next verse was how you had to watch her be killed.
How hurt you felt when you were left alone.
The pain of having no one left to love you.
It was heartbreaking." I could feel the wind picking up slightly as storm clouds gathered in the skies above us.

"Then finally the last verse was of when he found you.
How Eran found you all torn apart and took you in.
He didnt care about your Kekei Genkai, all he cared about was having you safe.
You made another bond and it was soothing. Almost like having your Mom back.
You were loved again." I finished as I turned to him.

His shoulders were shaking slightly with his head bowed. "Shut up." I heard him whisper before his eyes snapped up to me.
"You dont know what I've gone through. I dont want you here and I sure as heck dont need you here." He stated.

The lightning flashes in his eyes grew more intense as he glared daggers at me. I just smiled sadly at him as pain formed in my chest.
"Alright then. If you say so. Yuma Hibiki." I saw him glance up at me with his eyes still like electrict shocks full of pain. With that, I lept ito the closest tree and started towards the group.
"Where's Yuma?" Gai Sensei asked as he looked behind me. I shrugged.
"Somewhere back there. Gai Sensei. I think its best if you watch after him." I could feel the pain in my chest growing more intense as flashes came to me. I lowered my head to the ground.

Kinan.

I saw him nod still watching after me. I looked back to Gai Sensei. "I'm going to take first watch." I informed.

Yes, as my Sensei he was given any and all information about my life and blood. He understood that I needed to take time alone in order to control my feelings and the pain I held.

He nodded, telling me I was fine to leave.
I raced off to find a quiet place and sat in the middle.
Pulling some tags from my weapons pouch, I placed 4 around me.
In front, behind, my left and my right.
Doing a few handsigns, I summoned a dome like barrier to sheild me whilst I meditated.