Akaashi - Nameless

[ A/N; I recommend listening to: Childish Gambino - Sober, it gives a nice effect. ]

Rays of colored lights scanned the large gymnasium, hitting the floating white and black balloons, classic black tuxedos, and the large Fukurodani school logo (which was an owl) on the center of the main wall. Your school had hosted its annual winter dance for the ecstatic students which you usually refuse to attend, that is, if you weren't asked to.

Your friends had found it exciting to pair you up with a blind date to the dance. You obviously didn't, but you were sure they had good taste in boys. Right?

"We've got dates waiting for us. Wait for yours, he'll be here." One of your friends instructed, gently sweeping a loose strand of curled hair behind your ear.

"He'll know who you are. We sent a picture of you to him." The other added, patting your shoulder twice. "I think Koutaro is waiting in the center for me, so I'll take my leave first." She gave you a wide glossy smile as she smoothed out her silky black dress that hugged her curves. "Kou is going to love this dress." You just let out a small giggle with your other friend before parting ways. You kept your eyes on her for a good minute as she walked to the center with ease in her heels. It was hard to admit, but you secretly wished you had that skill too.

"Wait-why didn't I get a photo of him?" You turn back to your remaining friend who held both of your hands now. She seemed occupied with trying to look for her date in the crowd of sweaty students jumping and rubbing on each other.

"Because, this is a blind date! Trust us, he is good-looking. I wouldn't pair you up with someon-! There he is!" She stopped mid-sentence as she too, sported a wide smile on her blemish-free face.

"Who? My date?" You ask, trying to tiptoe in your heels to look into the crowd.

"No, mine! I've got to go, have fun!" And off she went, running to her date. You stood there alone, obediently waiting for yours to come... Which was much longer than you expected.

The minute you decided to take a step further into the gym, a slight chill ran down your back that caused the goosebumps on your arms to appear. Your sweating hands were folded on top of the other as they rested on your dress. You swore, everyone had their beady eyes on you. They were probably judging the way your figure fit the dress or how you walked in the enormous heels your mother forced you to wear. There was a high chance that it was just all in your head, but it was better to resume cautious than not at all.

"Oomph!" You wince, feeling a few of the males brush pass you as they forced their way to the center of the dance floor. It was hard to tell who had pushed you due to the dim lights, but anyone could tell you Bokuto Koutaro, Fukurodani's volleyball captain and third year, was one of them because of his white and black spikes. He and his clan behind him let out a few hollers, picking up their dates along the way before sweeping them off their pretty little heels. As for you, you were struggling with your heels. Keeping balance after they had ran passed you was much harder than you thought. And right before you could feel your hands press against the waxy floor, they met with an black-clothed arm instead.

"A-are you alright?" The owner of the arm asked, placing a hand on your lower back to support you. The voice was definitely a boy's. It was deep, but not too deep. It wasn't too loud either. It was just right. If a voice could be just right.

"Y-yes, I think I am fine." You reply barely over a whisper. Thank god for the lights, if it weren't dark, he would have immediately seen your red face.

"Are you?" He leaned in closer to you. You could smell the spearmint under his warm breath that pressed on your bare shoulder. Perhaps he was your blind date. It wouldn't be a horrible thing if he were. You wanted a glimpse of this guy, and bad. Your orbs made their way to the corner of your smokey eyes to find a brunet with a look of concern on his face. Now, it wasn't just a regular face that you would look at once and forever forget. He was aesthetically pleasing to look at. Every small feature was perfect on him. The way his eyelids hung half-lidded, or how well his eyebrows suited him. Even his lips were attractive.