Kuroo - Fools

Happy April Fool's Day. This one-shot special is temporary and only for today.
Enjoy it while it lasts before it is removed.
_______________________________

For the last hour, you've been starting at the back of Nekoma's volleyball captain's head. You were curious as to how his black hair shot up and to be honest, what it would feel like if you ran your fingers along his scalp. His locks looked soft and not heavily gelled up unnaturally like most of the boys in your class. As for them rather than admiring the male from afar, they sat snickering beside the captain. It was their favourite time of the year, April Fool's day.

You knew the annual routine, since you were fortunate to be in their class, but it always irked you in a wrong way to see girls being asked out as a joke, then dumped right after. The King of this event was none other than, Kuroo Tetsurou, the leader of all the stray cats in your classroom. He was worshipped and looked up to as a God who had the ability to lead them all to the apparent success he had achieved. This success was managing to get with and dump 6 girls last year and this year, he was looking to surpass his previously held record. Even though this sounded ridiculous, you didn't doubt his ability to swoon girls and bend them easily, especially over a chair or something. Because deep down like the other girls, you sort of developed feelings for Kuroo as well. However the only difference was, you were smarter and they were not. But you weren't going to confess and admit to both. Never.

"(F/N)-chan, what are you doing? It is lunch break right now." You snap your head out of your own thoughts as your friend waved her hand in front of your face once more. By the third time, you finally turned to her, completely embarrassed by the fact that she has waited for you for quite awhile. "Ah, are you okay?" She asked after, taking the chair from the desk placed before yours.

"I am..." You begin to answer, however the tall middle blocker caught your attention when he appeared at the door with another (hopelessly in-love) victim who believed his words on this sour day. She looked like a lost and vulnerable sheep as she stared deep into his sly fox eyes with big trusting blue eyes. You knew in a few minutes he would lead her off to one of his secret places within the school, devour her body and dignity, then leave her for dead... Well, perhaps the last part was a bit of an exaggeration, but you still understood the severity of being one of his victims.

"Uhm, earth to (F/N)-chan again. Earth to..." Your friend's voice drowned out as you continued to stare at the couple who seemed engulfed in much affection. It wasn't until Kuroo's sharp eyes flickered slightly to meet up with yours that you finally turned your gaze back to your friend who sat across from you. Although the eye contact was merely 2-3 seconds long, it had left a strong impression and a big blinking target on your back.

[ ... ]

"(F/N)-chan! Did you hear?" Your friend panted after sprinting to your locker from hers which was a whole floor up. Strands of her hair clung to her face from the sweat that accumulated on the sides. Her cheeks were rosy red and she was desperately hanging onto the books that were slipping from her hands. "Kuroo... He dumped the girl..."

"The girl from lunch? Or...?" You asked with no hint of being surprised in your voice. However, when your friend shook her head, you were taken aback by how fast the fox moved from sheep to sheep. "Wow..."

"I know!" She huffed, using the mirror on your locker to fix her hair. "But that isn't the best news yet... h-" Before she could finish, you found an arm snaked around her shoulders. You looked up to find the owner of the arm, only to find the same eyes that connected with yours during the lunch break. "Kuroo-san and I are going out! He said that after going out with the multiple girls, it was to get me jealous. And he is serious about being with me because he really likes me." She finishes with a wide toothy grin on her face.