8. Past Problems Fixing II

The days came and went, and it was Friday before he knew it. It was the first time he wore a tux in a long time. He remembered why he didn't like wearing them. Sure, he felt formal, and for some reason proud; but the collar was too tight, and the tie was suffocating. His hair was slicked back, which Tom teased him about; and he had to make sure that his tattoo's weren't showing, a deal he made with his father, and that made it hard, since the one on his left arm went past his wrist, just enough to be visible. Well, screw it. Most of it was covered, so his dad will just have to deal with it. He looked at himself one last time in the mirror, before going out of his room and to the garage. He gave Toothless an affectionate rub behind the ears on the way, almost messing up his suit. He was careful with how he mounted his bike, trying not to rip anything. It was a short ride to the firm, taking the shortcut, eager to get this over with. He parked it, going into the building with long, confident strides. He went into the elevator, entering just as it was about to close.

"Ladies." He said with a curt nod, greeting the women that were with him in the elevator. He felt their gazes on his back, and he also heard quiet giggling. He couldn't help but smirk at that, thinking about what their reaction would have been if they saw him as the skinny teenager from ten years ago. The elevator rang, the door opening to a sight of a huge room filled with people, food and drinks. He stepped out, his nostrils immediately breathing in the scent of alcohol and cigarettes. He was sure that it wasn't allowed to smoke, but people there didn't give a damn about the rules. Typical. He left the giggling girls behind, walking to the nearest table that served drinks. He took a glass of something, by the smell he could tell it was strong. He probably shouldn't have taken so much. But, just like the rest of the people there, he didn't care about the rules. He spent the next fifteen minutes sipping quietly, hoping that time would pass sooner. He saw a few people he knew from passing, saying hello and ending the conversation at that. He was bored out of his mind. Why did he decide to come? He could have been home with Toothless, watching TV, or in the garage, or at Ravens Point with Tom. He thought that maybe, he could sneak away. Yeah, get out of there, tell his father that he was there for a full hour and a half, just that he didn't see him. Enough people have already saw him, so that could make it more believable. Just as he was about to head to the elevator, he heard his name. He sighed, rolling his eyes. He knew that voice.

He turned around, looking at his father as he made his way through the crowd. A few people were following him, people he didn't know, and didn't plan on knowing. He put on a smile, lifting the corners of his lips just enough to make it look genuine. His father had a huge smile on his face, walking towards him with almost a skip in his step. Stewart giant hand landed on his shoulder, the momentum almost knocking him down.

"Ladies, gentleman, this is my son, Hunter." He introduced him, nodding his head politely.

"Pleasure to meet you." One of the women said.

"The pleasure is all mine." Said Hunter, wishing he could have said something entirely different. He shook hands with the woman, giving her a light kiss on the hand. He had his manners, after all. The woman chuckled, along with the rest of the party.

"What are you doing here? From what Stewart said, you aren't really into the business your father runs." Continued the woman, clearly intrigued by him at this point.

"He did say that, didn't he?" said Hunter, making them all chuckle, except for his father and himself. "It's true," he continued. "Business isn't really my specialty. I'm not someone who enjoys the fine arts of politics and economy. No offense, of course."

"None taken." Said one of the men, his short brown beard having a bit of champagne in it. "So, what do you enjoy?" the same man asked. Hunter shrugged his shoulders.