Chapter 1

The Kyuubi lashed its tail, destroying buildings and uprooting trees. Ninjas jumped from tree to tree, trying to seal the nine-tailed fox.
     "Keep fighting!" Sarutobi yelled. He cursed. Where was Minato?

     "Kushina... Kushina!" Minato Namikaze whispered frantically. Kushina Uzumaki's chest heaved up and down. Blood dripped from her mouth and from several other wounds.
     "Oh, come on." Kushina said. "I... can still keep going." Yellow chains sprung from her back and lashed around the Kyuubi, temporarily ensnaring him.
     Kurama growled. "Why you... Die, Kushina!" His claw was as fast as lightning. He thrusted it at the vulnerable twins and blood splattered on the ground. But it wasn't the children's blood.
     Kushina smiled, despite the claw that had ripped through her and Minato's abdomen. "Naruto... Chiharu... Grow strong... and make friends. You don't need a lot, just a few you can really trust." She coughed and more blood dripped from her chin. "But remember that you always have each other."

13 years later

     "So, we're Genin today!" Naruto stuck his thumb at the shiny Konoha forehead protector he was wearing. "We need a good impression. What prank should we do?" They were walking down a street, peering into shops and resteraunts. People seemed to avoid them or give them nasty looks. However, they didn't notice this and walked on. Naruto and Chiharu had time to kill before they had to meet up with their team.
     Chiharu grinned. "We're gonna meet our new Jounin sensei, but I don't like that Uchiha kid."
     Naruto nodded. "Yeah. He acts way too cool. I'm gonna beat him up and become Hokage!"
     "Wanna bet who'll become Hokage first?"
     "Deal." They both laughed hysterically and sat down at the meeting place. Sasuke Uchiha was already there, sitting quietly and not moving, as usual.
     Chiharu leaned over to Naruto. "Think we can take him? It's two against one."
     "Yeah." Naruto whispered in response. They both tiptoed behind Sasuke, aiming for his blind spot. "One, two, thre-"
     "Usuratonkachi, don't even think about it." Sasuke said. Two shadow clones appeared behind Chiharu and Naruto, capturing them in a headlock.
     "Well, fighting already?" A new voice asked. A grey-haired but young man appeared in front of them. "Sasuke, release them." Both of his shadow clones disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
     Naruto folded his arms. "Heh! I could have escaped by myself."
     "Well, everyone. My name is Kakashi Hatake. Please try not to fight." Kakashi sighed. "What's your names, dreams, and hobbies?" He asked boredly.
     "Me! My name is Uzumaki Naruto. I like cup ramen. I hate having to wait three minutes after I put the hot water in. And my dream..." Naruto adjusted his forehead protector. "Is to become Hokage!" Chiharu clapped and whistled sarcastically.
     "I'll go next." Chiharu stood up, wiping the grass off her pants. "My name is Uzumaki Chiharu! My hobbies are..." She stopped and thought for a second. "Ah! I love pranking the Hokage and all my seniors. My dream is to become the best Hokage the world has ever seen! Before my crap-loaded brother, of course."
     Kakashi turned Sasuke. "My name is Uchiha Sasuke. I wouldn't call it a dream, but I have an ambition. The revival of my clan..." His eyes flashed darkly. "And to kill a certain man." A silence took over team seven. Then Chiharu and Naruto started laughing loudly.
     "Ooooh, so dark and scary!" Naruto taunted. "I'm so frightened by yo-" In a flash, Sasuke's foot was planted on his throat. Another shadow clone restrained Chiharu.
     "Don't mess with me."
     Chiharu fought indignantly. "Get off my brother, you emo loser!"
     Kakashi sighed loudly again and pulled Sasuke off of Naruto. "Stop it, guys. We're done here. Return to the training ground tomorrow, and don't eat breakfast."
     Naruto scowled. "Why?"
      "Just do it. Dismissed!"