Chapter 12: A Way Out

Start from the beginning

Luke laughed out loud, using his arm to hide his mouth. "To be honest, I'm not usually like. I don't know if this is Ron's personality rubbing on me when he's not with me." He said when he stopped laughing.

"What were you trying to show me, Gwen?" His playful side disappeared.

"Well," I said and paused to recall why. "Oh! Perhaps we could leave using these windows."

He looked at the windows I was talking about and back to me. "I guess we could."

We were both thankful that Luke could squeeze in the window. I was thankful to be almost timid.

When Luke was trying to fit in the window, feet first — since outside of the window is already the cemented floor covered with snow — I was already out and I was laughing my ass out because Luke had a hard time fitting his butt and hips.

As I was waiting for Luke to fit, I observed my surroundings. I looked up the sky and see that the snow wasn't falling on us hard. I think that the blizzard passed by to us. We should've tried the doors first.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?" He muffled loudly for me to hear, I heard him groaning more, fitting his body to the max.

"The blizzard has passed." I muttered.

"I'm already out, so no use for the doors." He said when he finally managed to get out the window.

We walked towards the parking lot where we parked our cars, using Luke's phone's flashlight to guide us since it's dark. We both saw our cars and I stopped walking and looked at Luke, he did the same.

"So this is it, we're finally free." I said, trying to sound excited.
Deep, deep, deep down, I was really sad that we're parting ways. I hope Luke and I remain friends after this incident. However, he did say he wanted to talk to me because he wanted an entertainment.

"Yeah, I guess it is." He muttered.

That is how we escaped hell hound. It's still kind of funny that we used the bathroom windows. So, if there's any apocalypse — zombie apocalypse — I know now where to escape next.

We continued to walk again but we stopped when we saw a couple of headlights— a car approaching campus grounds. The car was pretty familiar, even though I could only make out the figure of it. It was familiar because the car who owns it, was mine and the driver of the car, was my mother.

My mom was a small woman, almost child-sized, with dark brown hair like mine, a neat face, and emerald eyes that my sister and I inherited. The car honked at us, the headlights flashing our eyes.

I see my mom running towards me quickly when Luke and I finally saw the face of my mother. My mom pulled me into a tight hug when she finally reached me which made me embrace her back. She puts her hand in the back of my head, her other hand, resting in my lower back.

"I was worried sick." She whispered softly in my ear. "When we noticed that you weren't in the house, I was about to call the police but then your sister found out from Esme that you were in school."
Oh no. I hope Esme didn't tell Charlotte that I'm in school because of her envelope.

She released me and rested her hand in my cheek. "I thought your sister called you that I'm not gonna fetch you at school?"

I released a sigh of relief, knowing that she doesn't know why I'm here. She must've thought that I'm here because I'm waiting for her.

I frowned. "She didn't." I muttered, softly. She did call, but she called the house phone so that doesn't count.

"Let's talk in the car, you might catch pneumonia." She said, worried as ever.

She have put a hand in my lower back and pushed me forward. "Come on, sweetie."

I started walking, slowly. I didn't really know how to say goodbye to Luke. It feels so awkward to have my mother standing right behind me if I'll talk to him, I don't know why, but I kind of feel like embarrassed. However, it's impolite to not say goodbye to a company.

Like, if you're going to excuse a friend in a different classroom and there's a teacher, what'll you do?
Knock, greet the teacher, excuse your friend politely. And if you're done talking to your friend, do you just leave your friend behind and go back to your business? No. Not in my nature. I always thank the teacher and then I leave. So I felt like that. I felt like I needed to say goodbye to Luke, but I'm not doing it in front of my Mom. It'll feel more awkward.

"Wait for me in the car, Mom." I informed my mom.

She stared at me confusedly.

I added quickly, "I'll just say goodbye to my," I paused to think if we are friends for a second and regain my sentence, "friend, Luke for a minute."

My mom's eyes enlarged when I mentioned the word "friend", like it's a magic word. She nodded and continued to walk towards my car.

A/N: So, how was the chapter? It's sad to know that they'll go in their separate ways now. 😏 I totally shipped #Luken
A friend of mine suggested to put music/youtube link in a chapter. If a reader out there likes that, I'll try to find songs that'll match a chapter.
This is not edited so excuse any grammatical errors. I hope you enjoyed this, don't forget to leave a comment and a vote. 💖