** Chapter Sixteen **

I finally got to my locker.

My head was somewhere completely else so I couldn't get my locker combination right util the third try.

When I opened it I saw Brooks jacket right a way. It was a black leather jacket.

Weird. I don't even remember her ever having that on. But I take it out of my locker anyways and walked out of school.

School wasn't over yet so I really hoped that no one noticed my disappearance

I walked out the door. No one saw me. I walked out on the parking lot. Still no one saw me.

I turned around at a corner and could finally breath normally again.

The way over to Ash's house wasn't very long. Just about 5-8 minutes walking.

But what about the Masquerade ball? Should I go? And if I did go, who would I take with me?

Maybe I should just push my feelings way down. I don't wanna be gay.

I should just take Brook right?

"Justin. Are you coming in or what?"

I was very startled when someone shouted my name. I looked up and saw that I was right in front of Ash's house.

It was big and very modern. The windows were so big that you could almost see inside the house when yo were out on the street like I was. The house has at least three floors.

On the top floor all lights were off.

On the second floor I saw Brook in one window. She had her back against the window and hasn't noticed me yet.

The entrance was of course in the first floor and guess who stood in the big main doors.

Well, of course it's Ash.

I slowly walked up to him. All the way to the doors I can't seem to look up. I keep staring at my shoes.

There are no steps that lead to the door so I just walk straight through them.

When I get in ash quickly closes the doors behind me and walks ahead of me up the stairs.

I look around. The house is not worse on the inside then the outside. I haven't seen much of it yet but what I have seen is all bright, shiny, open and extremely modern.

I quickly follow after Ash up the stairs and into the room where Brook is.

She stands up and has a very worried look on her face.

"Where the hell were you? We have been so worried about you" she practically screamed at me.

What the hell was she talking about?

I saw a big stand clock in this room, I guess it's supposed to be a living room, but as I look at the clock I see it is half past five.

What the hell? It took me five hours to walk to Ash's place? What route did I go. And how long had I been standing out there. Well it doesn't matter.

"Hey, I have no idea why it took me so long to get here. But I'm here now so can't we just drop it?" I asked her she ran over to me and hugged me. I felt a few of her tears on her t-shirt that I was still wearing.

"You just made me so scared. That's all" I put my hand on her head and looked up just to meet Ash's eyes. He saw that and mouthed to me as he rolled his eyes. "Girls"