Chapter Thirty: 1 Year Later Part 2

Start from the beginning

After having a small chat and bonding moment they both got back in the car and started on their way home. "Chels?" Sophie said as she swallowed some of her smoothie.
"Yeah?" 
"I'm glad you're home even if you are the annoying big sister and if you ever go somewhere again I will find you and kill you. " Sophie Stuck her tongue out. 
"I'm good to be home, even after a year of being back and by your side, you are still annoying " 
"Ha ha. So funny Why did you ever leave?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"But you never told me please Chels... It can't be that bad."
"It is. Now can we just stop talking about it now. Anyways look we're home." Sophie looked out the window, and saw her house on her right hand side. Chelsea turned into their driveway and turned off the engine. They both looked into the living room window and saw their mom pacing up and down the room. They both sighed in unison and decided to get indoors. They slammed the car doors closed and opened the front door to bump into their mom.
"Where have you two been?"
"Chelsea took me to the mall for a smoothie." Sophie waved the smoothie cup in the air. Chelsea just stood there silently.
"Mom. I'm sorry, I just thought I could to Sophie about the party, plus I was thirsty so we went to the mall for 15 minutes." 
"Do you know how worried I've been! I didn't know what I would of done if you didn't come home."
"Mom. Relax we are home safe and sound." Chelsea's mom tightly hugged them both so they could barely breath. 
"Don't make me panic like that again! I don't think I could lose you again." Chelsea's mom kissed her head. 

Chelsea walked out of the airport to the smell of petrol that filled the air. She hailed a cab and told the driver where she wanted to go. Chelsea gulped down and held her breath the whole journey, which wasn't too far from her family home. As the cab pulled up outside her house she paid the man with the money she had in her back pocket. Back at the airport, as Chelsea finished in the bathroom and washing her hands, a middle aged woman came out of a stall and smiled gently. Chelsea compelled the lady in giving her a couple of notes. Now Chelsea paid the cab driver and stepped out of the vehicle with ease. She stood in front of her house before even moving an inch. She breathed out and stepped forward to the door. It had been at least 2 weeks since she was taken. A week before being stuck in that cramped room and then a few days with Isabelle, then the following 3 days when she was transitioning. She started for the door and knocked three times. Her mind was racing, her eyes flickering everywhere. She waited what seemed like forever, until the door opened. Chelsea's mom opened the door and stood for a few moments. "Hi mom." Chelsea barely spoke loud enough for her to hear. Her mom stood still, her eyes wide and was filling up with water.
"Chelsea? Is that you?" A single tear fell from her eye and rolled down her cheek. Chelsea nodded, and that was when her mom burst into tears. She clutched her chest and gasped. "Chelsea! My baby! Where have you been?!" She barely got out. 
"Christine what's going on?" Chelsea's dad came out from the sitting room and gasped. He looked up and down at his daughter, who was standing dead still. "Oh my god." Was all he said, he stepped forward, over the door's threshold and tightly squeezed Chelsea. Christine walked closer and hugged her tightly as-well.
"Hi pa." Chelsea said into his shoulder.
"God dammit Chelsea where have you been?" He looked up to her. Christine was still sobbing in Chelsea's shoulder. "Christine come in here, we don't want the whole neighbourhood to see us." Christine got up from Chelsea's shoulder and bit her bottom lip before walking in. "Come on then Chelsea." He said as he walked into the sitting room. The thing was Chelsea couldn't pass the threshold, she was stuck by a invisible barrier. 
"Chelsea come in here." Christine said as she dragged her arm through, and Chelsea was able to step through the door. Christine dragged up into the sitting room and she sat down. "Where have you been sweetheart?" Chelsea looked at her both parents who were sitting on the couch across from her. 
"It's a long story.." Chelsea said as she grimaced. 
"We need to know everything." Her father said.
"I can't tell you." 
"Why on earth not?"
"I just can't OK." Chelsea kept tight lipped about her transition. "It's complicated." 
"No I want to know Chelsea." Her dad looked at her with his wide eyes. Her mom on the other hand was sitting with her head in her hands, barely communicating because she was crying so much.
"Dad. If you need to know then I'll tell you but you don't need to know." 
"Fine you won't tell me. Then don't. But I am so glad you are home." 
"Whe...Where's Sophie?" 
"She's upstairs doing her homework."
"I...I want to see her."
"Chelsea I don't think that's good right now."
"She's my sister, I deserve to see her." 
"Leave her for now. You must be tired, you have dark marks under your eyes, have you been sleeping?"
"No not really." She lied, well technically she wasn't lying. Part of it was true, she hardly slept well when Kaitlyn had taken her, and the dark marks under her eyes, was because she was hungry, she only transitioned a few days ago, and going back to a town full of sweet smelling blood wasn't really helping her hunger. "I'm really tired mom. Can I just get something to eat?" 
"Sure sweetie." Christine got up from her seat, wiped her eyes and walked out into the kitchen. "Why don't you go have a shower while I'm making your favourite, a grilled cheese sandwich."
"Sure mom. Oh how I have missed my grilled cheese." Chelsea smiled and walked up to her bathroom.