Chapter Three: Research

As Isabelle opened the door inside, she found her parents weren't home, so she went into the kitchen and made herself a snack. She rummaged through the cupboards and found peanut butter and chocolate spread, opened the jars and spreaded it on the bread. Next she took some biscuits and placed them on the plate with her sandwich. She took her plate and walked upstairs to her macbook.

As she was waiting for her macbook to load up, she stuffed the sandwich quickly, and started to finish her coursework. Her assignment was to search up her family's line. She type in google 'Phillips Family Tree.' Nothing came up. She decided to type in her Great grandfather's name, it brought up news pages and websites about mythical and supernatural creatures. "Wha? What is this?" Isabelle clicked on a local news paper link and it brought her to the website which held the article. The article was dated back in August, 1932. The headline read '20 DEAD BODIES FOUND IN JOHN PHILLIPS BASEMENT ALL DRAINED OF BLOOD.' As Isabelle read the article she found that her Great Grandfather was described as a 'MONSTER WITH SHARP TEETH AND ANIMAL LIKE.' As she read through the lines, John was accused as a vampire. Isabelle read further down the bloodline and it was stated that it happened to another relative 20 years later. The first account of 'vampireism' was in 1913 and thats what started off the line. Isabelle printed off sheets and sheets of her bloodline. Many webpages later she was curious to know if she had the vampire gene. Isabelle went onto google and typed in 'Vampireism.' Pages and pages came up about films, books that had been released over the years about vampires.

It stated that the first ever accounted vampire attack in her town was in 1913 by a man who looked young with black eyes and his face disfigured. He seemed like a man but really he was animal. He would hiss like a cat and have a bite of an alligator. She found that she could possibly have the vampire gene and it would only be triggered if she killed someone. "If one shall kill, one becomes an immortal being." Isabelle scrolled down the page and first signs of Transitioning. The signs were exactly what she was getting, and if she didn't kill a human and drink some of their blood she would just crave blood until she died. "So I have to kill somone to become a vampire." Hours apon hours Isabelle searched online until she came across a blog. It was a blog about a girl called Martha and she was Transitioning. Once her parents found out what she was becoming they kicked her out of the house.

"Isabelle? Are you home?" Her parents called from downstairs, Isabelle was shocked about that she could be a vampire in the matter of days.

"Yeah Mom I'm up here." She called down, her mom walked upstairs and into her bedroom.

"What you doing?"

"Oh just coursework." And she slammed the screen shut. "Mom I want to ask you something?"

"What is it sweetie?"

"I don't like my college, it's just not for me. I found another college it's called Lady Meyers Academy. Could I go there?"

"Where is it?"

Isabelle stayed quiet for a few seconds. "Nova Scotia, please mom can I go?"

"I don't know darling. It's really far away."

"Mom please! I need to go!" Isabelle was getting angry and she knew what would happen if she got angry.

"We'll talk about it in a few days okay."

"I don't have a few days!"

"Why whats bothering you?"

"Nothing. Just leave me alone." Isabelle walked back over to her bed and sat down.

Isabelle had a rough night sleeping, she kept over thinking about her vampire bloodline, that it flowed through her veins. The sight of blood made her go into deep thought. She had to kill and feed of her victims blood.