All things go down hill

Monday struck in the worst of ways. The only thing Izaya remembered was flashing lights and Shizuo's worried eyes. They were wide with tears. The rest was a blur. He felt trapped, as if under water and couldn't hear of breath. When he woke up still dazed Shizuo was asleep his arms resting Izaya's bed as his head lay peacefully on top. Izaya looked over at the heart monitor as the beep drove him crazy. He looked at the Needle sunken in his arm. It made him cringe. He touched the breathing tubes in his nose. It felt good to have help to breath. He looked down his face was alittle red as he was shirtless. But the bandages made up for a shirt so it wasn't so bad. He had a needle in his left side as well. Not sure what it was fore but left it there anyways. Then he remembered pain in his left side. Great pain. He passed out on the way home and Shizuo's mother was yelling his name. Why was she so worried about him. Why didn't Shizuo just go home. Two weeks... Two weeks since Shizuo saved him and the Monday of the third week he was back in a hospital bed. He moved his hand slowly inches at a time till it met Shizuo's. He smiled for the first time in his life. Feeling safe that someone cared. Shizuo being a light sleeper took the hand gentle and woke up as he looked at Izaya smiling.

"Your awake finally. Ah you killed me there for a second. They pulled glass out of your left lung. They missed it. I guess there was just a lot of it. " Shizuo sat on the bed holding Izaya's cold hand in his warm ones. "You irritate me sometimes. Why didn't you say anything. Then again how could you know. I'm sure everything was  already hurting."

"I....I don't like the needles. Those hurt... " Izaya said quietly. "I don't like this place either. I wanna go home..... Y...your home..." He looked up at the ceiling wondering when his father was going to take him back and rip him away from this joy.

Shizuo looked at Izaya worriedly. Then out the blinds at the blue sky. It was a lovely day for the birds to fly around and chirp happily. But they were stuck here in such a miserable sad place. He didn't care much, just to see his friend breathing made him relaxed. He moved closer to Izaya who looked at him with tired eyes. Shizuo was terrified of loosing Izaya. He moved his face closer to Izaya's as their lips met. He was gentle and calming. His sweet eyes closed as Izaya's widened not sure how to respond. The heart rate beeped as Izaya's heart began beating fast. Shizuo moved back chuckling he smiled like a idiot.

"Haha s...sorry... It's just ah.... I don't want to loose you. And I wanted to have that chance. I meant nothing bad by it if I freaked you out." Shizuo was lost for words as his stared at the now bright colours in Izaya's eyes.

"S...sorry? But why?.... That touch.... It was nice... I liked it..." Izaya said a little embarrassed

A once dull and half dead Izaya now looked full of life as his eyes were bright. They shown a different kind of Izaya. One that one day might be a troublemaker and playful. But none of that mattered when the doctor walked in holding a clip board. He removed the needles saying Izaya was good to go and the surgery went fine. He just will be sore for a few days.

"Are you sure? So soon? Well alright I'm not complaining." Shizuo said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many weeks later.

Izaya walk with Shizuo to school. He was still slow and tired most days but Shizuo stuck close to Izaya even when he felt ashamed of his weakness. They sat in the back of class together with Shinra. The threes close friends at their last year in high school. It was as if nothing could tear apart their friendship. The day they graduated was back to step one it seems when Izaya's father had returned as was banging his fist on the Shizuo's front door claiming his "stolen son".