Chapter 7: I shutter

Knowing I had time to do something else or most importantly find out some stuff I hurried around the unfamiliar house looking for my phone and bike keys. I know what you're probably thinking oh her dad says she's grounded, but ya know what at the time I really could have cared less about some stupid thing my dad told me because I was some freakin bounty hunter for the fricken Devil so cut me some slack. Now back to the story. I finally had found my keys in the stupidest place, in the fridge. I mean come on how would they have gotten in there, I know I blanked for the longest time last night, but why would I put them into the fridge? Going into the garage I saw my bike looked the same as she always had except her fender looked a little dented. If only I could remember last nights events. I slowly reached out putting my hand on the bike only to stop when... nothing happen I mean nothing. Sighing I swung my leg over the bike feeling like I always had normal. I slowly turned the key in the bike making it purr to life I reached over to the wall pushing the garage door opener making the huge white doors open to the sides. Twisting the throttle on my bike I made her move barely even going the speed limit, I thought to myself slowly where I would go considering I barely even know where the nearest gas station is. My fathers house was close to the border of town which I was now grateful for which meant I wouldn't have to travel through traffic. Not knowing what to do I decided I would go way out of the city and maybe just maybe find some out of town Church or maybe book place where I could find out about this Ghost Rider thing I became last night.

What seemed like hours later i finally found this little old churchy looking thing that looked long abandoned. Not knowing what to do next I decided this place looked like a best place to look or even to rest. I turned the engine off getting off of the old beast I almost tripped but caught myself on the ground the bike staying up though on it's kickstand which I guess I must of knocked while getting off. Before my face could hit the ground I caught myself landing on my hands which I could feel blood. Brushing myself off I stood up moving my hands in front of myself to see lots of small cuts that weren't too deep but still drew blood. I felt like crying out but decided not to even though this area looked like it was an isolated desert. Finally getting enough courage I went up to the building opening up the doors a whole lot of dust flew out giving it an eerie vibe.

"Hello" I called entering the church. But when I entered I felt my throat get really dry and my body acting like I had lit a match as if something was sucking my saliva and blood church may have looked abandoned on the outside but in the inside the walls and pues looked super clean like someone took his or her pride in making the pews look spiffy. I slowly made my way up the pews being drawn to the cross that hung on the wall. Before I could reach it I felt a hand on my shoulder grabbing me and spinning me to face the person. The shock of being scared like that made my heart feel like I was about to have a heart attack. A rough voice of a man asked me a question but I ignored it as I threw my hand over my chest.

"I asked why you came here." The man stepped into the light so I could see his white hair greyed hair and beard. He looked like he had just stepped from some old western my grandpa used to watch when I went over to visit.

"I'm soooory." I mumbled my heart slowly going down.

"You had better hurry it up." He asked like the had something better to do.

"I seek to find knowledge." I continued speaking weirdly.

"I know what you want and trust me it's not up front." The man started walking making it seem like I should follow him as the moved to the side opening a door to a room with books. And when I say books I mean thats what the room was a whole lot of books that lined the walls all the way around.

"Wow." I muttered in astonishment.

The man didn't answer only slamming the door. "It took ya long enough to find me ."

"What how do you...I'm warning you some freaky shit's happening to me, dont make me...do whatever it is I do." I muttered going into defencive mood not quite knowing what I could do.

"Allison you don't even know what you are, don't hurt yourself kiddo, if I wanted to hurt you I would have already." The old man said moving over on the other side of me reaching to grab something.

When I didn't answer the old man continued." why don't you tell me what you know?"

"Look all I remember is, these voices yelling in my head this freaky guy claiming to be the devil and oh ya I also turn into some kind of fire thing and found out i'm something called a ghost rider." I complained leaning against the bookshelf.

"Hey kid I want to show you something." The old guy stood away from me revealing the thing in his hand a lighter.

"What are you..." I started saying only to stop when the guy opened the lighter the flame rose twisting and extending as it faced me even though the was holding the lighter straight it still tried reaching me.

"You have no clue Allison you're not just a Ghost Rider you were born one you're the one he wants." The old man looked over me as the let the lighter switch go.

"Who wants me." I stuttered nervously.

"Blackheart." The answered only saying that name made me shutter.