I couldn't control myself with a teary and hoarse voice I pleaded, "Salman please come to Dublin City Mortuary."

"Mortuary? What happened? Are you ok?"

I gasped, "Fahd"

"What? What are you saying Fadil?"

Shutting my eyes, I rubbed my beard and breathed, "Please Salman."

"Ok I will be there in like 15 minutes. Just hang in there ok?"

"Ok"

I went and sat in my car. My head leaned back on the car seat and gazed out at the quiet dark starless night sky. I felt guilt and remorse. In the last one year, I had not been a good brother. I had been angry with him multiple times. We had never been close but still... if only he had spoken to me. I would have eagerly helped him out.

"Why have you started smoking?" I asked looking at him in disgust as he puffed smoke, one fine summer day when we were relaxing on the sun loungers at the backyard.

"Stress" he had answered as he inhaled deeply through the cigarette.

"What stress?" I asked intriguingly.

"You won't understand," he puffed again.

"Fahd first was drinking and now smoking. What next? Drugs?" I scowled.

He glared at me and clenched his jaw, he threw his cigarette on the floor and stepped on it extinguishing it.

"You only criticize Fadil. I am fed up with you." He had then stomped into the house.

I sighed, I was not a good brother. Shutting my eyes momentarily, I thought of the times we were good friends.

"Where did you find that rat?" I asked warily as he held the rodent by his tail.

"Oh it was in the mouse trap in the backyard. You know, I have special plans for this rat" he said mischievously.

I was nine at that time and terrified of rats. Fahd was twelve years old and he was always up to no good.

"A..a..and what is that?" I asked stepping away from him in fear the rat would get free and attack me.

"Just watch. We are going to take revenge on Mr Murphy for bugging us," he smugly smiled and he slowly crept to our neighbours home.

"Fahd I don't think we should do this," I said slowly tagging along behind him.

"Don't worry little brother. No one will find out"

We quietly went up to his house and he inserted the rat in the house from the letter opening of the front door.

"Ahem ahem," someone cleared their throat from the window.

"Run Fadil...run" Fahd yelped.

Both of us ran but as I was leaving Mr Murphy's front yard I tripped and fell. Fahd was immediately by my side, he grabbed my arm and helped me stand up, "Are you ok?"

"Ya I think so."

"Uhuh-oh! Don't look now I think Mr Murphy has spotted us. We have to get back. Come on." He held my hand and together we sprinted back to our home.

The rest of the day we continued to giggle whenever we thought what we had done. But our pleasure was short lived.

Mr Murphy came to our home after dinner and complained to Dad. Both of us hid in our room. But it was a futile effort. Dad stormed into our room and glowered at us.