Chapter 26: Part III

Content Warning: Strong language and mature content

Fahd

My head hurt. I opened my eyes with difficulty. I blinked couple of times as I started to see clearly. Where was I? Frowning, I looked around the unfamiliar room. I was lying on a small double bed. Slowly, I rose into a sitting position by placing my hands on the bed to support my weight. That's when I realized someone was sleeping beside me. Who was it? My heartbeat stopped when I saw the familiar reddish-brown hair. She was facing the other way. I could see her hair and naked shoulder. What happened last night? I looked at my bare chest and I dreaded to know.

I staggered out of the bed, stepping backwards as if I would get contaminated by germs lying on the bed. I was in my boxers only. I didn't want to draw the conclusion as to what actually occurred. No this didn't happen. I didn't remember one f***ing thing of last night. The last thing I recalled was the champagne and Sara kissing me. How did we end up on bed? And naked? What the f*** happened?

Sara sleepily turned on the bed. Her eyes fluttered and then finally opened. She gleefully smiled but my stomach was churning with emotions which were definitely not related to her beauty. In fact, her beauty was the last thing on my mind.

"Oh Fahd, you are awake," She said huskily.

She gracefully sat up tucking the duvet under her arms and covering her chest, leaving her shoulders and arms bare.

"What happened last night Sara?" I questioned not taking off my eyes from her.

Her eyelashes lowered and then shyly looked up, "What should have happened long time ago," she murmured.

"Sara, what happened? I need to know exactly" I said through clamped teeth.

"I don't think I need to spell it out, Fahd."

"I want to hear it from you," I bit out.

"We slept together as two lovers."

I felt she had dropped a missile in the room with that one sentence. I started shaking my head. NO no no this can't be possible. I didn't remember one f***ing thing how the hell did it happen? I am not that daft that I would sleep with a woman and not have any recollection of it.

"You are mistaken Sara. Nothing happened," I wanted to plead her to say that she is lying. I wanted to convince myself that this was all a nightmare.

She pulled back her hair uncovering her neck. She stretched her neck displaying bright red marks of hickeys, "What does this mean Fahd?" she pointed to one of the marks, "There are more all over my body."

What the f***? Did I bite her all over? I had never done that before even with Ramlah perhaps that first time but ... but....I was getting confused by the minute. Everything was muddled up. I had to get away. I hurriedly grabbed my clothes from the floor and started dressing.

"Where are you going?" Sara said as she started standing up.

I turned, my back facing her. I don't care what happened last night at the moment I was in no mood to look at her and her disgusting nudity.

"I have to go."

"But Fahd you can't just leave. I thought after last night the last barrier was pushed down."

I shook my head fiercely, "No Sara you are wrong." With that, I dashed out of her flat not bothering to look back.

****

Alone at night, I lay on the bed, arms crossed behind my head on the pillow, I gazed up at the ceiling. What have I put myself into? I tightly shut my eyes, how could I have let her go all the way? How would I face Ramlah? I know I made out with Sara several times in the last few weeks but I had never thought of going this far. Not just Ramlah, even religiously...it was haram. I huffed me and haram, Allah knows how sinful I was but still. What was in the drink? Why couldn't I remember anything? I accepted the deed was done. Clenching my jaw, I decided I will take professional help. I was sickened by my alcoholic addiction. But most of all I was repelled by Sara. She had manipulated me. I felt used as if I had been raped...