Chapter Eleven- Mall cops

Start from the beginning

I sat up and reached for my book but Kat caught my hand, "You're not reading today! The dance is tomorrow night and you're crazy to think I'm not taking you dress shopping."

I cross my arms and pout, "I have no money anyway to buy a new dress. Let me read, I'll just use an old one."

"An old one from what? Fourth grade?" She looked at me frustrated. "I pickpocketed your brother just a few minutes ago so you do have money now."

I gave her a look but at the same time, I did want payback on my brother for last night... "Okay fine I'm in."

 Kat jumped off the bed and smiled triumphantly, "Let's go! Get dressed!" I slipped into some jeans and a shirt before running to catch up with her.

"Kat! Wait we don't have a car..." She smirked and held up Dan's keys as we walked downstairs. I laughed at her hidden evil talent and gave her a high five.

We walked into the living room to see the guys playing rock, paper, scissors to see who was going next. They currently had gotten to 25 out of 40 wins between Aaron and Dan. We snuck out of the living room and into the garage where Jack was just coming in.

"Where are you lovely ladies going?" He said looking dangerously in my direction, causing me to stare awkwardly at the nearby shelf. 

Kat answered happily, "We're going shopping!" She linked with my arm and got me to move towards Joey's car. And whispered yelled in my ear, "Stop eye flirting and hurry before he notices that it's Joey's car!"

I gave Jack a small smile and nod before heading quickly to Joey's car. We slipped in and Kat started the car before we heard Jack yell, "Hey! Isn't that Joey's car?"

Kat smiled and waved as she backed out of the driveway and we were on our way. After a fun drive filled with singing and Kats phone ringing every two minutes from her boyfriend, we arrived at the mall.

She sighed and locked the car as we got out. "I don't know why he's so worried! I have my license and I am a very safe driver... he's such a drama queen sometimes"

I laugh at her and ask," So how much money did you get from my brother?'

She smiled and pulled two fifties from her pocket. My mouth opens wide, "He told me he didn't have any of his paycheck left!'

We walk into the mall it looks extremely empty, I give Kat a weird look. She shrugs, "Maybe other schools don't have this week off?"

"And what about all the other people that come here?" We keep walking before points over at a store, "There's someone!" I see a middle-aged woman coming out of a store with a baby in her arms.

"This is just strange..." We walk into the weird silence of the wall mixed with the strange music playing from the speakers until I see the escalators and stop walking.

Kat stopped and gave me a weird look, "What? Why did you stop?"

I smile and answer, "The mall is basically empty so why don't we have a little fun? Not like we have anything better to do today."

She now smiles and hugs me, "I'm so proud that you're becoming a rebel! Let's go!"

 She lets out a war cry and takes off to one of the escalators that are going up while I run to the one next to it.  We start making model poses on it till about halfway. Then start walking back down it trying not to move farther up.

I laugh and start running back down it and Kat follows. By the time we get down we are both out of breath and laughing. We start walking down the mall to get our breaths back then Kat sees a second-hand store on the nearby corner and drags me into it with her.

We split up for a minute and right after I pull out a long green trench coat for five dollars. Smiling I head over to the hats and find a fedora and put both of them on and go to try and find Kat.  I see her coming around the corner smiling holding a skateboard in one hand and a longboard in the other.

The minute she sees me she starts to die laughing, "Oh my gosh Dawn! That's perfect! Here hold these" She shoves the boards into my hands before heading into the area I was just in. I follow her in as she scans the coats before pulling out a giant fur coat, I start laughing as she scans the store before finding the sunglasses.

A few minutes later we came out of the store in full attire and began figuring out who should get which board. I ended up having the longboard after Kat fell off of it. 

We skated down the mall trying to keep our faces as straight as possible. Which wasn't too hard until a teenager smoking a cigarette came into view.

Kat laughed quietly and whispered, "You go on one side and I'll take the other."

****

We finally made it home after a long day at the mall.  We eventually found a dress for the dance after messing around, getting sworn off by the teenager, and almost getting kicked out on top of it all.

Joey nearly tripped running out of the garage when we pulled into the driveway. I sighed as I watched the couple start getting into a heated fight, any kind of nervousness I had before had been left at the mall with our outfits. Maybe tomorrow night won't be so bad.

*****

Guess who's back, back again?

Sorry guys this chapter has been a long time coming, half of this has been written so very long ago. The book has been going nowhere due to my case of serious perfectionism, but I think it's time to just ignore it and get this book rolling. And I promise that my writing skills have improved dramatically so don't give up on me yet!  
On a side note guess who started college?