Daryl Imagine 3: Just a Kiss

I was probably going to die any moment now. We were surrounded. There was no escape I could see. One very simple thought crossed my mind and I acted on it. I kissed Daryl and he kissed back. After the kiss he looked a little confused.

My memory blurs after that, but he got us to safety. Now this memory haunts me a little. Daryl has barely looked at or spoken to me since it happened. That kiss has become a wedge between us. Not that we talked too much before. But now there was a visible tension between us. So much that I had just been locked in a room with him by some of our friends.

Daryl was pacing and cussing them out. I was sitting, watching him and silently doing the same. After a few minutes he turned to me.

"What?" He asked.

"They aren't going to let us out until we've sorted this though. So let's sort it," I said. He nodded and sat down.

"I don't think there's anything to sort. You thought we were gonna die so you wanted to do something a little fun before. That's all it was. Just a kiss," Daryl said.

"Exactly," I agreed. Even though I said that, even though I had thought that, my heart sank a little. I had convinced myself it was merely something I did before dying. But maybe I had done it because I had always wanted to. Not that I was going to admit to that.