Carl Imagine 1: The Young

I can barely remember the time before the walkers. I was just about to turn 10 when the world changed. Some of those moments I'll never forget, even if I'd love to.
I can't tell you how old I am now. 15? 16? It's probably somewhere in there. I've lost all sense of time and date. I don't think it really matters anymore, not in this world. Especially since I'm on my own. Feels like it's been weeks for that. I was just wandering. I had no where to go and no purpose. At least, until I spotted them.
They were a good sized group. They were holed up in a barn due to the storm that had hit. I wasn't the only one watching them, but they hadn't caught me like they had him.
There was one member of the group who interested me most. A boy about my age, maybe even a little older. It had been a long time since I had seen anyone my age. Something about the boy made me feel different. I was curious about him and I thought he was cute maybe. I had only got glimpses of him. It was hard to see under that hat of his. But I gathered what I could about him. Like his name. Carl.
I was watching them from a tree when the branch started to snap. I tried to get off it in time. But I couldn't reach far enough and I felt the branch give out. There was a brief sensation of falling before a very painful landing. I could have sworn I heard, and felt, a snap in my arm. There was an intense feeling of pain and burning shooting up my arm.
"Who are you? Are you ok?" I heard. I looked up to see Carl standing over me. He had his gun in hand, ready to take care of me if I proved to be a threat.
"I'm y/n. My arm is hurt," I managed to get out. There was a woman beside Carl. I knew her name was Michonne. She had a sword pointed at me.
"Well y/n, why were you up in that tree?" She asked. I didn't know how to answer, or what to answer with even. As I struggled for what to say, my eyes met Carl's. They were blue, like the sky on a beautiful day. I felt like a wave of sparks shot through me.
"I was watching. Trying to figure out a good time to appoach," I admitted, choosing the truth.
"Let's take her inside. Your dad will want to talk to her. We can take a look at that arm too," Michonne said. Carl gave a nod and helped me up. After I was up, he kept a tight grip on my uninjured arm. I was lead into the barn and tied to a post opposite the other guy who had followed them. I was now a prisoner.