Chapter 1: The Funeral

Start from the beginning

"Silver?" the familiar form of Zepos landed beside her, being careful not to tip them both of the perch.

Zepos. The electric dragon. Silver still was confused about her feelings toward him. She felt as though she loved him. Her heart yearned for him. And he definitely loved her back. The past month she had been grateful for his company. He hadn't tried to pry, and she barely spoke, but he had been there for her, so it was hard not to feel like she wanted him.

She didn't answer him. Instead she nodded her head in greeting. It was hard to think of this now.

"Are you...?" He begins to ask before Silver cuts him off.

"Yes," It was a short sharp answer, harsher then she meant it to be, but she was tired of dragons asking whether or not she was okay. It was getting on her nerves, and these days she was short on anger.

Zepos hesitated, before looking away again. He felt sorry for Silver, and wanted to comfort her, wanted to be there for her, but she was a stubborn dragon. Her father's death hadn't changed that. She still was hesitant about their relationship, but was getting better. At least he thought so. He could rarely tell what was going through her head.

A rustle of movement from one of the corridors drew the crowds' attention, and slowly four dragons revealed themselves. They were all telekinetic, brown scaled dragons with the power to move objects with their mind. They were quite impressive, walking in perfect uniform manner, and between them floated a wooden platform with a single dragon laying atop it.

At first glance the dragon looked like a metal statue, resting peacefully with eyes closed and relaxed. It looked to be sleeping, head rested on paws and tail curled around. Its wings spread over platform, covering it in an almost invincible shell of metal.

"Dad," Silver breathed.

Elron had died in what Silver called the full metal state, when a metallic dragon's shell expanded across their body and covered them in metal armour. It meant, while the inside of the body would decompose, the outside would forever be in the form of a metallic statue. Never moving and lifeless. He would never be burned, as was per normal dragon custom. Metal didn't burn. So instead they had decided to place him on the highest cave on Sky Mountain, right up at the peek. The only other exit and entrance. It was the best they could do for him.

Another movement drew the dragon's attention as a large green dragoness flew from the top of The Centre. She was, in a sense, the most beautiful dragon there. Her green scales sparkled brilliance and her size represented the hundreds of years she had lived. To Silver's relief however, she didn't look quite as pampered as she usually was, and she didn't try to make a show of entering either. Instead she flew straight over to the stand where Silver was perched and landed on a platform close to her. The dragonesses nodded each other a greeting.

"Silver."

"Elder Iraliene," Silver said, bowing her head in respect.

Silver's first impression of the large dragon had been rather negative. She had been controlling, and extremely ruthless when it came to hard subjects, but for the past month she had slowly been getting nicer to the young dragon. Silver now had her own cave. A small place with its own, rather deep, pond, right on the edge of the crater surrounding Sky Mountain. Iraliene had also been rather kind to the dragoness, respecting her space and giving her chance to heal. She had even agreed to host this funeral for Silver, making sure the first metallic dragon in the world was able to get the respect he deserved.

Taking a deep breath the queen of Sky Mountain looked away from Silver, searching the crowd of dragons before her. Everyone had turned to look at their leader, wondering what, and how, she would go about making a speech for a revered dragon such as Elron.