Chapter 19: Victor

Silver ducked passed a shower of acid, narrowly avoiding the deadly liquid, before leaping forward. The end of her tail transformed into a hammer and before her opponent had a chance to react she bashed the acid dragoness over the head, knocking her to the floor. She groaned once, before lying still, and just like that Silver won. She took a deep breath and looked up at the crowd, who were now cheering excitedly, her name even being called from a few of the their mouths.

With a snort she looked down at the acid dragon with somewhat pity. That had been the easiest fight she had had in the tournament so far, and for the last one she was pretty unimpressed. She had at least been expecting half a challenge, but then again she had a feeling that she would win. Ever since Rock her fights had been getting progressively easier, until this one, against an acid dragon who could barely hold her own. How she had gotten this far was a mystery.

Sighing the Silver dragon turned and made her way back out of the arena and into the cage she had come from, where she knew other dragons would get her and take her back to Cinder Prison. They had moved her cage since last time, to be situated next to the three other dragons she had beaten. Rocky, who was still recovering, a lightning drake with a name that escaped her, and a water dragoness called Clear. Now there was that acid dragon she had just recently knocked unconscious.

Apparently the acid dragon had defeated Retrix in the previous round, but after that fight Silver didn't think so. Maybe the void dragon had purposefully lost, though for what reason she didn't know. She knew Zepos had forfeited his first fight, he had told her, saying that if anyone should go free it should be her. It made her smile but she felt a little guilty at the same time. She knew the lightning dragon would easily be able to defeat almost everyone, but she couldn't change that now.

Before long the dragons that were supposed to take her back to the prison arrived. One was a mind dragon, thankfully not Thylo, and the other was an ice dragon. They opened the cage. Silver resisted the urge to attack, knowing the dragon she really was afraid of would likely stop her. So, she calmly walked out and let the dragons transport her back.

As they came to a fork in the road, instead of taking a left toward the prison they took a right. Silver's heart jumped and she hesitated. The dragon behind her growled and she took a breath and continued forward. They were going somewhere different, and there was only one reason for the sudden change in routine. She glanced at the two dragons around her as her thoughts turned to escape. But, before she could do anything the ice dragon behind her breathed a stream of ice in front of her, making her stop in surprise.

"You are not going to escape," he growled.

She glanced back at the drake, eyes narrowed. Suddenly a dull throb raptured her scull and she snarled, shaking her head and taking a step backwards from the two dragons. The throb disappeared, leaving Silver with a ragged breath and a thumping heart. Her escorts looked at her strangely, before the mind dragon growled at her to 'keep moving'. Not having the heart to fight anymore, Silver followed.

They led her through the icy tunnels, went up a slope and turned through numerous other corridors. They didn't meet any other dragons on the way, much to Silver's surprise, and the two dragons she was with were completely silent, and it made her nervous. Did they know what they were doing? Was the mind dragon even seeing the thoughts racing through her head?

Eventually they went up a familiar slope and stopped at the large double set of ice doors. There were the same two guards as usual, another ice dragon and a water dragon. They both looked warily at the dragoness, probably having watched the fights she had been in. They glanced at each other, before nodding.