Prologue

Jurien felt his heartbeat rising as he carefully crept up the side of a mountain like hill. The machine he was in had been adjusted to a silent mode, making any creaks or noises it made nearly non-existent. Very important for this mission. Apparently awakening this dragon was not a very good idea. It wasn't that he was scared. If anything it was completely the opposite. He was frustrated, angry that they hadn't trusted him to do this mission alone. If they had, the dragon would already be his.

The other machines with him were all completely quite save for the rustle of branches and snapping of twigs that such large machines were undoubtedly going to create. He didn't know why they bothered to even try and sneak up on a dragon. If they really decided to they would have sent them in on foot. But no. Apparently it was 'too dangerous'. If they were really so afraid of it they shouldn't have sent such noisy machines.

A.O.D.H had a small army waiting on the ground, while ten of them slowly moved up the mountain. The other hundred waited down below in case everything went wrong. Not that it would. Jurien could likely defeat every single one of them by himself. It was an insult to put him with such imbeciles.

He gripped the controls of his machine with anger. At least they had let him keep it, even if they had taken everything else away from him. The machine was the one thing that helped him get through this drastic change. From the major that knew everything to a private that only got told 'do'. No explanation. Like this damned mission.

A sudden curse ran through his radio and he frowned. Suddenly, the machine at his right blew up in a fireball, flattening several of the trees around them. Jurien gritted his teeth, quickly backing the robot up and making it fly into the air.

"Everyone, battle stations! The dragon has noticed us!" the commander yelled through the radio.

The rest of the machines flew into the air. Guns were readied. Tanks pointed their guns into the air. Everyone held their breath. Everything was silent. Nothing moved. Nothing made a noise. They were like this for nearly two painfully slow minutes, everyone expecting what had happened to the other machine to happen to them.

A yowl suddenly sounded through the valley, halfway between a roar and a howl. The machines moved, instantly turning toward the sound, only to be met by a purple beam of pure energy that completely incinerated a line of them, destroying them quicker then anything Jurien had seen before. He gulped and flicked a few switches and fired the thrusters. Where was this dragon?

Suddenly something hit him from behind, hard. His robot was sent flying through the air before he managed to get control of it and turn back toward the culprit. His eyes narrowed. He hadn't even seen the blow coming. It was either the dragon was invisible or just insanely fast. No one had even seen it yet.

He began to move the machine again, slowly this time and watching extra carefully to any slight movement in the air. Even if it was nothing. It was this skill that had made him so dangerous on the battlefield. He could almost... feel what was happening around him.

Another purple beam pieced through the sky, this time along the ground. A whole line of tanks were immediately destroyed, not even their armoured hide enough defence against the attack. This time Jurien spotted the dragon. It was small, a young dragon then, with either black or purple scales. He only saw it for a moment before it disappeared again. Maybe it could turn invisible.

Taking a deep breath Jurien got a device ready in his machines hand. The device he invented. The thing that managed to make all this possible. The capture of dragons. Everything. It was his idea that had created A.O.D.H in the first place. Gritting his teeth he shook the anger from his mind.

He spotted the dragon again, this time flying against the light of a full moon high in the sky. Its shadow illuminated the battlefield, making it seem far bigger then it really was. A few cries of alarm followed as another beam of energy sliced another line in A.O.D.H's army.

Jurien frowned, slightly awed by the power demonstrated by such a young dragon. Oh, once he captured this one, then they would have to give him his job back? Right? Putting up his robots arm he fired the device from its palm. The dome shot out, wires springing from the bottom as it spun toward the dragon.

The dragon turned to face it. It had been a perfect shot. Right on target. There was no escape from it. Jurien let a smile come across his face. Turning invisible wouldn't help the dragon now. But right before the device hit the dragon if flapped its wings once, putting some momentum forward, and simply disappeared. The device flew into nothing, before dropping out of the air, loosing its target.

Jurien blinked in surprise, when something hit his robot hard in the back. The hunter cursed and spun around, only to be hit from the other side. He swore again and swung the machines arm around recklessly, trying to hit the dragon, but nothing happened. This new species seemed to be able to... teleport, or something similar.

Suddenly a large purple light struck him out of the air. His robot thudded against the side of the mountain with a crash, pulling up numerous trees and creating a line of destruction down the mountain. The hunter quickly pressed a number of bottoms and moved the controls, blasting his rockets to full power and pulling himself up from the attack. He let out a sigh of relief. It seemed elronium could hold out against this purple dragon's energy.

Flying up into the air again he loaded another device into his gun and looked for the dragon. He spotted it, flying down to the rest of A.O.D.H's army, preparing to destroy the rest. It didn't even know he was still there, probably thinking he had been destroyed during the crash. He loved when dragons made this mistake.

With a grin he aimed at the dragon once again, and fired. This time it didn't even see the shot coming until it was to late. It screamed as the dome latched onto its head, digging the wires into its brain and taking control of its movements. The dragon screeched, teleporting again, but not far. Not being able to fight it any longer the dragon fell from the sky, crashing into the ground unconscious.

Jurien breathed a sigh of relief, straightening his robot up. That had been a little close for comfort. He was infinitely glad that they had let him keep his machine. He would be dead now if they didn't. Smiling he flew over to the downed dragon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next book of the Silver Trilogy! The Silver Revenge... Yay! Vote and comment if you enjoyed this small prologue. The first chapter should be out in the next couple of days, so look out for that. See Ya!

Pennator^^