Conflict 11: Idiot

Start from the beginning

   "Hey, Antonio" She walked closer.

   "Name!" Feliciano tackled her and she—while laughing—returned the hug, "I'm-a sorry I overslept this morning"

   "It's okay" 

   "You know each other, Feli?" Antonio asked.

   "Si, she's the girl that took down the thief that stole Kiku's camera" Feliciano explained then turned to the other Italian, "Fratello, this is the ragazza I've been telling you about. Say 'hi'"

   He said nothing.

   "Fratello?"

   "Fine! H-h-hi, there..." He grumbled, refusing to make eye contact. Antonio laughed, "Looks like Lovino has a crush on you, chica. You've made him speechless"

   "Shut up, tomato-bastard!"

   The girl smiled and held out an arm, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lovino, right? I'm Name"

   Lovino, clearly surprised, blushed a darker shade of red and hesitantly shook her hand, "Nice to meet you"

   Antonio cut in, asking her how she's been. She nodded at him, "I'm doing fine. Oatmeal has gained some weight"

   "Oh, right, the little puppy! I miss him already"

   "You know you can always come over and visit him"

   Antonio clapped his hands together, "That's great!"

   After shopping for tomatoes and apples, the four left the store and continued talking until they reach the intersection where they have to separate.

   "Hey, Lovino" The girl turned to the shyer Italian brother when Antonio and Feliciano went back inside the store after realizing that they left one of the shopping bags, "I heard from Toni that you make great chocolate churros. Do you think I can get a taste some time?"

   "Uh, are you sure?"

   "Hm?"

   "People aside from mi fratello and the tomato bastardo don't really like being around me much" She gave him a smile, "I'm sure they just don't get to see this side of you"

   He had a hard time keeping eye contact, "What?"

   "You're blushing and everything, so cute" She teased.

   "Wha—idiot!" His outburst only made the girl giggle as she wanted to make him more comfortable around her. And calling her idiot in his native tongue was a good sign.

   "You" A third voice growled. Name stopped laughing before she and Lovino turned around to find a skinny teenager behind them. His face was dimly lit by the streetlights but it was easy to tell that he was glaring at Lovino.

   "You took her away from me" His voice was hoarse.

   Lovino clicked his tongue and Name asked him if she knew the stranger. Lovino whispered to her that the teenager's girlfriend had a huge crush on him and apparently left her boyfriend for Lovino. However, Lovino rejected the girl's feelings. "And they still haven't gotten back together, though" He finished.

   "You... it took me some time but I finally found you." Tears spewed out the boy's eyes, "I'll kill you!" He brandished a bowie knife from his back pocket and charged at the Italian. Before Lovino could blink however, Name reflexively threw herself in front of him.

   At the same instant, she twisted to her side and gripped the attacker's wrist, which held the blade, along with his shoulder. She quickly forced his arm behind him. She kicked the back of his knee before twisting back his arm and then wrapped her fingers around the knife to rip it out of his palm. Once she had a good grip on the weapon she kicked him in the stomach and sent him flying flat on the ground.

   Someone yelled.

   Antonio and Feliciano apparently having witnessed everything, came running. Antonio quickly pinned down the teenager, forcing him to roll over on his stomach and holding his hands behind him.

   "Are you two okay?" Feliciano began crying as he held Name. "I'm okay" she rubbed Feliciano's back. She had a look of concern as she asked Lovino, "Are you okay?"

   Lovino was speechless. He gritted his teeth together and pulled the young woman into his arms. He buried his face into her hair, "You idiot! You shouldn't have done that, I could've taken care of him myself. The fucking bastard had a knife!" The girl was surprised at his actions but smiled wearily through his shirt, letting him shower her head with tears.

   "We better go take him to the police" Antonio said, forcing the boy to his feet.

"Thanks for walking me home" Name said as she and the three Latinos reached her apartment. She opened the door and flicked open the light switch, "Come in, I'll make you guys some coffee or something"

   "Oatmeal, I'm back" She said as she closed the door once everyone was inside. A high-pitched bark was the reply as Oatmeal came running to Name's arms.

   "Ve, he is such a cute puppy" Feliciano petted him. Lovino did the same, though noticeably more stiffly. Antonio followed her as she walked to the fridge. "Toni? If you're looking for the bathroom it's the one with the purple door"

   "Oh, no it's not that. I just wanted to thank you for saving Lovi"

   "It's nothing. I don't let people hurt my friends"

   "Is that what we are?"

   "You tell me" She smiled, and Antonio did the same. She then remembered, "Oh, I almost forgot about your jacket!"