Chapter 1:

Bree braced herself for the worst. She stood directly in front of her families front door. Her little sisters, Gabby, Abby, and Amelia probably missed her like crazy.

Bree double checked to see if the knife and money were hidden from eye and raised her fist and knocked on the door.

Seconds later, the door opened and Gabby was on the other side. Her jaw dropped. "BREE!!" She shouted and ran over to Bree and hugged her so tightly. Okay so I was gone for a week and a half and she hugs me to death, but when I return from "Germany" I get a hello. Bree thought.

Soon all of her sisters were clinging on to her like monkeys. Then the door opened wider to reveal Bree's parents. Bree gulped.

"Inside now." Bree's father told her. No hellos or how you beens or even where 'have you been for the past week?'

The door was shut and Bree sat in the couch, in the living room. Her sisters sensing danger, ran upstairs. There was awkward silence, and Bree heard her sisters doors shut. Then her father exploded.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!" Stuff like this went on forever. The first one that got Bree hard was from her mother.

"Honestly, we thought we taught you better!! You finally learn your lesson about Germany than you run off again! Bree this is ridiculous!!"

Bree snapped at the end of the yelling experience. There was probably going to be more but Bree never listened.

"Let me guess, you ran off to go join your little friend Conner in Vermont. If he EVER comes back, I'm going to PULVERIZE HIM!" Bree's Father shouted. "I don't want you EVER near the Baily Family EVER again. They are clearly bad examples. If I EVER catch you with a Baily, or if you run away again, then you can pack your bags and never come back. Understand?!" Bree's Father yelled.

Bree burst into tears. "I will NEVER FOLLOW YOUR RULES!" She shouted. "DO ANYTHING BUT KEEP ME FROM SEEING CONNER!! PLEASE!!"
Bree was nearly on her knees begging. "Please." She added in a smaller voice.

"Just go to your room." Her father spat. "And give me your phone. Also tomorrow, since we don't need work in the house, you will go get a job, a proper one and you will work their for an entire year without getting paid. Do I make my self clear?!"

"Yes." Peeped Bree.

"Also no using the house phone to contact your friend Emmerich any more. I'm sick of him calling the house." This is where Bree snapped.

"I CAN'T CALL EMMERICH AND PROBABLY CAN'T FOR AWHILE!!" Bree shouted. "EMMERICH WAS KIDNAPPED." Ringing silence. Her parents wore shocked expressions. "Now I'm going to my room, and I don't want to be disturbed or I'll kill you." Bree said angrily. She marched up the stairs and slammed the door shut behind and the locked it. That's when the tears came in flows.

-------LINE BREAK--------

The next day, Bree was on the pavements searching for work. She looked at any place that could hire her. No luck.

Bree entered the last restaurant called Storybook Grill. She remembered this place and how she got to Connecticut thanks to the owner, Lady Iris.

"Hi, how may I help you?" She heard Rosemary said as she stepped in.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could work here." Bree asked.

Rosemary smiled. "Let me go get the manager. You can come with me." Rosemary led Bree to the back room and they found Lady Iris washing dishes.

"Hello Rosemary, and you are Bree, I think?" Last Iris asked.

"Yep, that's me, I was wondering if I could get a job here?" Bree asked.

"Sure! Your hired!" Lady Iris said cheerfully.

"Well that was easy. So um how do I do this job?" Bree asked.

Rosemary laughed. "Oh it's simple. You can follow me around and help me and Petunia around until you get it."

Bree smiled. "Okay then."

Lady Iris clapped her hands together. "Great! Alright let's all start working girls!"

Rosemary handed Bree an apron and Bree took it and thanked her. "Here, you can put your jacket on this hook." Rosemary told Bree. Bree was wearing the exact same outfit as the day before, except instead of a white shirt she had on a lavender purple one. Bree's blonde hair was up in a pony tail, again, and her dagger was in her boot. Also again.

Bree sighed and put on the apron and began to follow Rosemary around.

------LINE BREAK------

The next few weeks, Bree got a hang of the job. She had already explained the situation, of no paying deal, to Lady Iris, which she refused.

After hours of discussing the payment, Lady Iris and Bree agreed that Bree would get $1 an hour, without her parents knowing.

Bree was wiping a table top after a family had left, and saw that they had left a three dollar tip to there server, which was her. She looked at tap to see who was at that table. A table for two. Last signed by Bob Gordon.

Conner's Mom and Step-dad had been here just seconds ago, and she really never noticed. I need to pay attention more often. Bree thought.

"You all done dear?" Lady Iris asked. Bree turned around and smiled.

"Yeah. I'm done."

Bree placed the rag in the washing bin, along with her now dirty apron. She took off her name tag, and placed it on the name tag shelf. Bree grabbed her leather jacket and waved good bye to Lady Iris, Petunia and Rosemary.

They all waved back and Bree began walking home. Well back to school tomorrow. Bree thought. She gulped.

Two weeks earlier....

"Conner! What stories are we going to use then?" Alex shouted.

Conner pulled the lever to activate the portal and he grinned. "Mine."