Chapter 20. Run Team Run

Raphael was certainly confident in his abilities but he couldn't help but feel a sting of fear. He recognized her talent, even if Athena was far behind his skill. In any normal battle, he would have no doubts but this was far from any normal battle. If he slipped up once, Athena could easily overtake him.

     Raph cocks a smile. "Finally I won't have to go easy."

     Athena squints her eyes closed. Her head ached. She felt like if she held back any longer her body would collapse in on itself.

     "It's okay." Raph softens his smile. "You can let go."

     For a brief moment, Athena's body stopped shaking. Her arms and legs stopped trembling. She opened her eyes glossing over Raph's expression. Athena took a deep breath, collecting herself. She glanced over at Mikey and Donnie, who desperately fought to break away from Rahzar and Fishface.

     If there was anyone Athena trusted at this moment, it was Raphael.

     "Okay," she whispers.

     It was almost unbelievable how strong and agile Athena was. Raph had difficulty keeping up but he never once faltered. He was having fun, despite her trying to kill him. If only Athena could control herself, she could have a chance at defeating Shredder. The thought certainly sparked interest and curiosity within Raphael. As he wondered some more, he thought that if Athena was possessed by an unstable and very early prototype of the so-called formula, he wondered just how strong Carrie was–or could be.

     But, just as Raphael thought about these things, he lost concentration in the fight. For the first time, in the heat of a battle, he messed up. As Athena had completely lost control of herself, she was not able to stop her body from rushing toward him. He slipped up on his own feet. Raph tried to roll away but Athena was faster. She slammed her boots down on his wrists, and hard.

     Raph winces. "Ow, no need to be so rough."

     Athena wasted no time in raising her blade and slashing it down at him. Raph shut his eyes, honestly preparing for the pain of death. Luckily, it never came. Donnie and Mikey used the chain to tackle her to the ground. They were quick to spin around her, tying the chain to hold her in place.

     "We got her!" Mikey exclaims.

     Raph sighs with relief. He stands, rolling his shoulders. "Couldn't have done that sooner?"

     "Well it took a while to get Rahzar down first," Donnie explains. He points past Raph to a tied-up dog.

     The brothers look to the other battles. Leo and April took great care to keep up with their opponents but there were too many.

     "We gotta go," Raph says. "Start taking Athena out of here. I'm going to get the others."

     Donnie and Mikey nod. They begin dragging Athena towards the exit. Raph rushes to his brother and April. He joins the fight against the mutants and Karai.

     "Finally," April heaves. "This is getting tiring."

     "Ready to dip?" Raph asks Leo.

     The leader looked back at Takao. He was able to keep up with Shredder but Leo could tell he was becoming extremely tired. The two make eye contact.

     "Go!" Takao yells. "I'll catch up!"

     "You're gonna have to get to the door first," Karai mocks.

     The three back away from their opponents. They weren't exactly sure how they were to get past them. Raph and Leo were just relieved to see Donnie and Mikey make it out with Athena. To them, the mission was a success. April, however, certainly wasn't in that mindset. The only successful mission was one where they all made it out alive and April was determined to do so.

From the Shadows: Warriors || BOOK 2 (TMNT)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara